BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brembo Aftermarket Front Rotors for Gen 2 XR

Product:
Brembo BMW S1000RR 09-22 w/ Cast Wheels 320mm SuperSport Front Brake Rotor Kit (Brembo BMW S1000RR 09-22 w/ Cast Wheels 320mm SuperSport Front Brake Rotor Kit ); Brembo Part # 208973751

Yes, the front rotors for the BMW R & RR fit the XR.

If you have Forged or Carbon Fiber wheel Rims you will require- Brembo Part # 208973767; Brembo BMW S1000RR 18-22 w/ Forged or Carbon Wheels 320mm SuperSport Front Brake Rotor Kit, Brembo BMW S1000RR 18-22 w/ Forged or Carbon Wheels 320mm SuperSport Front Brake Rotor Kit

Your old rotor bolts will not fit these new rotors. THESE KITS DO NOT COME WITH THE ROTOR BOLTS. The two easiest options are BMW bolts # 34117713039 or #07129907382 (BMW S1000RR OEM FILLISTER-HEAD SCREW - M8X25 (2017-2019) ). The latter is the current front rotor bolt for these Brembo SuperSport front rotors.

Review: New Brembo SuperSport front Rotors are AMAZING! The front brake is even sharper than before. I guess it is because they are thicker (4.5 vs 5.5 mm) and have more rotor bobbins (5 vs 10)?

You may be wondering WHY I REPLACED THE FRONT ROTORS. Well, took my 2021 XR Sport to the TRACK. Yes, a bit too vigorous with the front brake & WARPED MY FRONT ROTORS.

Best,
Doc:unsure:(y)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The track is Carolina Motor Sports Park (Carolina Motorsports Park – Road Racing Center Of The Carolinas). Fortunately, this track is about an hour from my house.

The new stronger rotors are essential for me. Pulsing brakes increases my fear level. That is not good feeling at the speeds we are traveling through the Appalachian Mountains.

I had the same experience with my 2017 KTM GT. Went through changing out the brake pads, etc. Finally, when the rotors were replaced with the BrakeTech product and the issue went away. No way am I going back through the months of bad front brakes.

Best,

Doc(y)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was not minor pulsing. What I have experienced was shuddering of the front brakes. This made the bike unstable especially, when trying to stop quickly. Now, the front brakes work great. Best,

Doc (y)

·
Registered
71 Posts
So I just got Arashi rotors installed and new brembo pads. But I'm still getting shuddering, I had shuddering on my only set of rotors and pads, was thinking it would stop when I install everything new, but it hasn't changed. What else could be wrong? Is it possible that one or two pistons is sticking? and\or maybe needs brake fluid flushed.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Tread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts