BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stock K67 2022 that I picked up a few weeks ago. In stock form I get the"Brake light faulty" at least once every time I ride the motorcycle. Even got it on the way home from the dealer after pickup! Ive checked the connections in the rear tail light all seems ok.

I will have BMW take a look when I go in for the first service.
Note it only stays on for a couple of seconds.

Anyone else seen this error?
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Automotive lighting Gas

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
This is sad and funny.. after 3yrs of producing the bike, BMW still cant get the simplest things right.. I really worry about getting the next one. Its not like they're cheap, bikes cost as much as some cars nowadays.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2021 XR does the same thing, flash’s on and off several times a ride
Doesn’t stay on long enough to take a picture
Dealer states they can not find the fault until it stays on

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2021 XR does the same thing, flash’s on and off several times a ride
Doesn’t stay on long enough to take a picture
Dealer states they can not find the fault until it stays on

I had exactly the same issue on my 2021 RR. the warning message would pop up for a sec, and then turn off again right away. Dealership told me the same thing. They can see the code in the system, but can not reproduce it. On the positive side, it hasn't happened in a while now.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR-M
11 Posts
Yep. My Brand new 2021 S1000RR coded on the ride home from the dealer. When I brought it in for the first service, had the error code logged 22 times. BMW does not have a fix for it yet. Very Frustrating for a brand new $23K machine. Not limited to the RR. Tech told me several other models are also affected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts