BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kawi rider was so lucky to make it out in one piece.

Was this a brake failure or a terrible pass? Either way, does this mean he could have passed all riders in one pass?
It makes me wonder what defines the true corner speed for a given corner. Rider was at least 30MPH faster at the slowest part of the turn. If he did not hit the curb he would have made it.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Wrong racing line. Seems like a judgement error. He would have known ahead of time that those curbs were high and he had to stay clear of them. Maybe a case of brain fog causing this error in judgement?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Commentator: "He has done an incredible job, to avoid those guys as best he could"
Is that some woke shite or something? Looks to me like he got greedy then went like, Totally out of control

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't think anything failed, it looks like a poor line choice, cutting on too tight and catching the curb

·
Registered
88 Posts
Slip stream.
Zarco esq.
Got his brake point wrong because he arrived quicker....and braking isn't as effective in the same slip stream.
Rider error but did well to avoid everyone (by and large)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
bad pass. It happens. A lot of ambitious riders miss the braking markers that I have come across and go wide. Occasionally there are riders like these that nose dive.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Disagree 100% with the announcers. The only thing that failed was the rider's skillset. From his initial turn-in he obviously thought he could make it at that speed and pass all those other guys. Dipsh!t... Glad he didn't hurt or kill anyone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Disagree 100% with the announcers.
Their analysis took about 2 seconds didn't it, then they stuck by it. Talking heads, politically correct, don't offend anyone. For 40 years or more my Uncle watched the cricket on TV but refused to listen to the commentary. He had the volume down and the radio on the ABC listening to the coverage there. If I owned a TV I'd have done the same but I ditched my last one when they went from 2 Ads to 3 in the break. That was about 1978. Life without commercial TV is so liberating.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Their analysis took about 2 seconds didn't it, then they stuck by it. Talking heads, politically correct, don't offend anyone. For 40 years or more my Uncle watched the cricket on TV but refused to listen to the commentary. He had the volume down and the radio on the ABC listening to the coverage there. If I owned a TV I'd have done the same but I ditched my last one when they went from 2 Ads to 3 in the break. That was about 1978. Life without commercial TV is so liberating.
100% agree. I stopped watching #fakenews channels in the beginning of 2020 because of their blatant lies and bias, and am done with them forever. Sadly, all the sports teams I also used to watch became woketards as well, pandering to our domestic terrorist/Marxist organizations, and I haven't watched any of that since then either. So, now I have more time for better things! Thankfully MotoGP and WSBK haven't gone full woketard yet....and hopefully won't.

·
Registered
104 Posts
100% agree. Thankfully MotoGP and WSBK haven't gone full woketard yet....and hopefully won't.
No one has any balls these days! I remember a great tea commercial from years back, this big burly farmer type talking gently to a mate across a kitchen table while they drank cups of Lipton tea. He was saying that he thinks it's important to try and work things through and be reasonable with others, but that sometimes, you just have to punch them in the face. Needless to say it was banned pretty quickly. 😄

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
No one has any balls these days! I remember a great tea commercial from years back, this big burly farmer type talking gently to a mate across a kitchen table while they drank cups of Lipton tea. He was saying that he thinks it's important to try and work things through and be reasonable with others, but that sometimes, you just have to punch them in the face. Needless to say it was banned pretty quickly. 😄
LOL Yeah, I remember the days when men were actually men and acted like them, and sometimes you DID just punch each other in the face to settle differences. Many times after the fight you made up and got drunk together. Nowadays it's not settled like men and the loser always presses charges against the winner even if he started it. We used to get in fights from grade school to high school, and the worst thing that happened was you got suspended. Now kids get prosecuted and go to jail for that!

·
Registered
423 Posts
There was no slipstream involved.
The rider gets on the brake at about the same place the others did too.
Assuming he didn't run out of brake, then he must have let off the brakes to try to keep ahead of the other bike trying to pass him, then got forced into a tighter line than could take due to catching up on the other riders ahead, and was then too fast for the corner.
i.e. rider judgement failure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts