BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 2011 RR for a 2016 XR last Thursday. I have no regrets in doing so. The XR is an amazing bike. I have the light white one in color and the GPS, luggage, cruise control, all the electronics.

It was a big transition for e out of sport bikes after 23 years on them.

I have my 600 mile service scheduled for next week, can't wait to take the bike above 7K rpm.

The bike is comfortable, handles good, and has good power. >:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you havnt seen it, the Baron gives it an excellent review in his latest vlog. Nearly makes me want to buy on for my second bike.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I traded my 2011 RR for a 2016 XR last Thursday. I have no regrets in doing so. The XR is an amazing bike. I have the light white one in color and the GPS, luggage, cruise control, all the electronics.

It was a big transition for e out of sport bikes after 23 years on them.

I have my 600 mile service scheduled for next week, can't wait to take the bike above 7K rpm.

The bike is comfortable, handles good, and has good power. >:)
PICS!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
GRATZ!

The XR pretty much nails all the stuff i wish the s1krr has. I'm thinking of selling my 899 and dragster to put one in the garage or trade the '15 RR for it - decisions decisions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GRATZ!

The XR pretty much nails all the stuff i wish the s1krr has. I'm thinking of selling my 899 and dragster to put one in the garage or trade the '15 RR for it - decisions decisions.
After trading in my 11 RR I know I made the right decision for me and where I want to take my riding to. Go for it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats! I can see how you would trade an RR for it. I have the exact same setup.

Do yourself a favor and check and make sure your swingarm position potentiometer linkage is pushed down tight on both standoffs. It's on the inside left side of your swingarm near the back of engine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked mine and it's fine. I also noticed that the piece of trim plastic between the gas tank and the seat was scuffed up when I received the bike. I looked at a new show room bike and it was worse than mine. Did you notice the trim piece of plastic between the gas tank and the seat scuffed up when you bought your bike? For some strange reason I my bike didn't have the bracket that secures the battery down. The dealership ordered one for me.

I just hit my 600 miles today and the 600 mile service is scheduled for next Wednesday. Can't wait to get it back and stretch the legs out some. I'm very pleased with this bike, it has power, handles good, awesome electronics, and I like the Bridgestone T30 tires.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Would like one as a second bike. Would be great for pillion, long rides with wife. Still years away from now. Enjoying the sports riding too much for now

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the 600 mile service scheduled for Wednesday, that's when I'm also having the luggage installed. The dealership didn't have the luggage in stock when I bought the bike. When I get the service done and bags installed, I will post up some pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Out of curiosity, what made you choose the XR over the R1200GS. I just went through a similar transition from RR to an adventure. And I went with the GS for capability and less buzziness. Don't get me wrong though it was a hard choice as the motor in the XR is incredible.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Congratulations! I bet it is a great deal of fun.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where the beaky look for this style of bikes originated? The BMW looks like a Ducati Multistrada, but my guess is Ducati is also tapping into a historical style.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike. When I stop doing track days with my RR, the XR would be a very tempting next ride.
Granted I'm still green, having been away from real riding, for a long time, and never being that fast, but there's a coach with TPM that is impossible for me to keep in sight, on the track. He has a red XR, I have a 15 RR. He's a nice guy, but it does indeed hurt the stones, when I've been 2-3 laps on the track, and confident enough to really start pushing myself. I start believing I must be improving, because nobody's passed me in the last 2-3 corners. Then a red blur comes by me on the outside, and it's "that guy" who's got a couple years, pounds on me, and I have a machine that (to the naiive, on paper) should make up for the deficiency in skill/experience compared to the XR with more HP, less weight, better suspension.

I love my bike, and don't regret buying it. My point is, don't let the market the XR is aimed at deter you, as I personally know of one guy who rides the wheels off of one.

Oh, one more stone bruising, I passed him once on the straightaway, past halfway, and damn it, if that ole boy, outbraked me just before turn 1!

Now, I only pass him, if I can get by him in the first third of the straightaway, it's the only place I can get close enough.
Still having fun, but taking my lumps from him, and another coach on friggin Ninja 250.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts