BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The BoosterPlug is accepted worldwide, as a brilliant and affordable way to transform your BMW from ”OK” to ”Absolutely Marvelous”.

No need to spend a small fortune on complicated multi adjustable electronic devices + endless Dyno hours, to make your bike run as it should have from the factory.

The BoosterPlug is installed in less than 10 minutes. It plugs directly into your bikes wire harness using original connectors – no cutting or splicing.

A true Plug and Play solution that will make your bike so much better:

- Improved and softer throttle response.
- Harder acceleration.
- No more low speed surging.
- Stronger and more reliable Idle.
- Reduced Puffing in your aftermarket exhaust.

This version of the BoosterPlug covers all years of the BMW S1000RR.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
I worked with the owner of this company regarding this product for the S1000RR back in 2012.

After my testing there was no perceivable improvement over stock configuration. It does not have the same results as other BMW motorcycles with different engine configurations.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Thanks for the insight - it sounds like a scam.
-bl

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight - it sounds like a scam.
-bl
Scam?? That makes me laugh. :grin2: We just sold one boosteg plug to one forum member. I will ask him to post his opinions.

the_gooch You said you were working in this company back in 2012 .. that is 3 years ago my friend and the question is if you really did or you are just trying to make this product look bad.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Scam?? That makes me laugh. :grin2: We just sold one boosteg plug to one forum member. I will ask him to post his opinions.

the_gooch You said you were working in this company back in 2012 .. that is 3 years ago my friend and the question is if you really did or you are just trying to make this product look bad.
I can post my email exchanges with Jens Lyck from February 2013. I did not work for, I evaluated the unit prior to release for the S1000RR.

Thought it was 2012 but it was beginning of 2013.

·
Administrator
6,636 Posts
For 115 euros I'd like to hear some S1000RR user opinions. My understanding, which may or may not be correct, is that this device fools the ECU into thinking that it's colder than it really is, so more fuel is added at the lower end of the range. My bikes run just fine in that area, so I'm not sure what there is to be gained. And I like the [pop] on decel thank you.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
First off - I don't mean any disrespect to Euronetbike.

Out of common sense one is forced to feel this may be a scam.

-New product
-Unknown company
-Not used by any race teams
-Promising big gains
-Low price

You may not be new, your company may be known, and maybe a team is using the technology.

But, the fact that this isn't the hottest thing on the market and that I've never heard of it - makes it suspect.
Also - similar products are available online and those ARE scams.

Why would we think yours is any different? It seems like you're using the exact same marketing language as the others.

-bl

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont say this item is best from the best.
I dont say it will change your bike into superbike.
I dont say we sell thousand of them..
If I do I am a liar.

Some people expect a lot, a big changes and say that it doesnt do anything. Some people agree that this product really make a changes.
Hundred people hundred different opinions.

There are more companies producing similar product. I agree
We are dealing booster plug for several years and so far had good experience. We never had email back from customer that he was unsatisfied. Hope it will continue like this.
I know people trust more individual people than company. They want to hear opinions from somebody who tried it.

If you guys find some time you can read how it works

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Administrator
6,636 Posts
No. Not in my opinion. But "worth it" is quite subjective. Many times the phrase "the answer to a question that has not been asked" comes to mind. But there must be a market for this sort of thing, there's lots of them around.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I'm working on an IAT relocation kit myself as frankly all these kits from Bren and this mob are ridiculously over priced for what is essentially under $15 worth of parts in the case of the Bren one.

I'll do a how to guide so others can benefit listing parts required to do the job once I build mine.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Motorcycle consumer news article about booster plug product for those that are interested :)
F650GS test bike. This thing does next to nothing for the S1000RR. This is from someone whom has tested the unit. I am sure it works well on other BMW bikes as I have heard great reviews when used on boxer motors.

Hi Mike, 2/20/2013

Thanks a lot for the extremely good pictures and a very well executed installation. This is actually a much better installation than most customers are capable of doing. It's clear that you have a background in electronics work :)

Of course I'm sorry that the BoosterPlug does not work as usual on the S1000RR, but with the extremely over square layout of the engine it's a totally different setup compared to the rest of the BMW lineup, so there's a proper explanation for this difference in the BoosterPlug's effect, and I don't have to wonder if I miscalculated something (I just checked and double checked it anyway…….).

I'm confident that your butt feeling is correct, because you wouldn't be in doubt if the BoosterPlug was working like it usually does - the difference is instant and very noticeable.

So bottom line is unfortunately that we will not introduce the BoosterPlug for the S1000RR :-(

Anyway, it was a real pleasure working with you on this, and I'd like to thank you for your efforts for doing the test work. The BoosterPlug module is obviously yours to keep, and I suggest you sell it to a K1300 owner as it will fit any of the K1300 models.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Well....that was an interesting ride...

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Interesting, they said that they wouldn't make one for the s1krr but they did cause you can actually buy it on their website. So did they find a way to fix the problem or did they just make one? I'd like to hear from people that actually have them installed on their s1krr.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Interesting, they said that they wouldn't make one for the s1krr but they did cause you can actually buy it on their website. So did they find a way to fix the problem or did they just make one? I'd like to hear from people that actually have them installed on their s1krr.
I had one installed. It did nothing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
F650GS test bike. This thing does next to nothing for the S1000RR. This is from someone whom has tested the unit. I am sure it works well on other BMW bikes as I have heard great reviews when used on boxer motors.

Hi Mike, 2/20/2013

Thanks a lot for the extremely good pictures and a very well executed installation. This is actually a much better installation than most customers are capable of doing. It's clear that you have a background in electronics work :)

Of course I'm sorry that the BoosterPlug does not work as usual on the S1000RR, but with the extremely over square layout of the engine it's a totally different setup compared to the rest of the BMW lineup, so there's a proper explanation for this difference in the BoosterPlug's effect, and I don't have to wonder if I miscalculated something (I just checked and double checked it anyway…….).

I'm confident that your butt feeling is correct, because you wouldn't be in doubt if the BoosterPlug was working like it usually does - the difference is instant and very noticeable.

So bottom line is unfortunately that we will not introduce the BoosterPlug for the S1000RR :-(

Anyway, it was a real pleasure working with you on this, and I'd like to thank you for your efforts for doing the test work. The BoosterPlug module is obviously yours to keep, and I suggest you sell it to a K1300 owner as it will fit any of the K1300 models.
lol'z^

Anyways, here is the issue with the claims the OP is making:

- Improved and softer throttle response.
- Harder acceleration.
- No more low speed surging.
- Stronger and more reliable Idle.
- Reduced Puffing in your aftermarket exhaust.

All of the above improvements are not easily verified. This means that it is up to the rider to determine if there was an actual significant change in the characteristics of the bike. This is very tricky advertising since the OP has not provided any empirical evidence of improvements. Also, when a person installs this in their bike, they will be expecting these claims to improve their bike, meaning that even if their was no symptoms to be fixed in the first place (harsh throttle, soft acceleration, low speed surging, "unreliable idle"...WTF is that anyways?, and you exhaust is puffing...Ummmm....) then you might conclude that the box is actually working.

IMO, this seems like a placebo electronics system. Much in the same as adding an eBay chip to you car and hoping for better MPG, performance and response. I call BS, unless the OP can otherwise prove me wrong!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just receive an answer from Jens Lyck from Booster plug so you can make your own opinion .. I am not trying to push anybody to purchasing :)

Hi Juraj,

It’s correct that we (I) worked in 2012 on the S1000R BoosterPlug and based on some impressions we decided not to launch a S1000RR BoosterPlug - and we left the idea for 1-2 years.

But at a point we received so many requests for the S1000RR BoosterPlug that we decided to test it again on a few more bikes, and the feedback was much more positive, so we decided to launch it anyway.

The (very) oversquare S1000 engine is not as hard affected by the lean factory air/fuel mixture as the singles or two cylinder models, but we had quite a few customers complaining about the weak idle, rough low speed running, and almost digital (on/off like) throttle action when you pick up the throttle after braking into a corner. These are the usual signs of too lean mixture, and fully in line with what we see on other modern fuel injected bikes, and the small controlled fuel enrichment from the BoosterPlug is a very good cure for this.

It’s important to understand that the BoosterPlug is about drivability and will give absolutely no extra top end power. The S1000RR is a performance bike and quite a few owners of bikes like this are mostly focused on top end power - these guys WILL be disappointed with the BoosterPlug if they expect a +40 hp turbo.

As for the low end drivability, we know that not two bikes are affected to the same agree - they are all a little different because of the production tolerance on the different sensors, and this means that two bikes will never be affected by the lean mixture to the same degree.

The owners are certainly not the same either :) Some riders are very good at adapting to the bike’s behaviour and can not feel the difference with the BoosterPlug - Most people are very sensitive about how the bike behaves and they will be happy with our device.

So it’s no wonder that you can read different opinions on our device, but if your bike are suffering from the usual lean running issues described above and you feel the bike could be better - then you will be happy with the BoosterPlug too :)

Sorry if this got a bit technical, but there was no other way to offer a proper explanation.

Best Regards

Jens Lyck
BoosterPlug.com
Lillemark 17
4990 Sakskøbing
Denmark

Mail: [email protected]
Web: BoosterPlug - Release the Power in your Motorcycle
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/boosterplug

1 - 20 of 21 Posts