BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
8,592 Posts
I thought it was a mechanical.
Surprised Honda is doing well. Yamaha has most teams in endurance FIM but still at the bottom with Ducati.
Gonna be interesting to see who wins.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was a mechanical.
Surprised Honda is doing well. Yamaha has most teams in endurance FIM but still at the bottom with Ducati.
Gonna be interesting to see who wins.
Shiet, BM is in PITs again apparently overheated and being stripped

·
8,592 Posts
Suzuki is leading :whistle:
Looks like a R1 Vs GSXR fight. Ducati & BMW dropped back. But things could change, half of race left.

Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

Reactions: ZZZ

·
8,592 Posts
BMW is done for this race, one team left, it's at the bottom.
Talking about reliability haha.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Suzuki is leading :whistle:
Looks like a R1 Vs GSXR fight. Ducati & BMW dropped back. But things could change, half of race left.

View attachment 218538
Well, being a long-time Suzuki "fanboy" (LOL), I'm glad to see the Yosh Suzuki team leading! If the BMW team is out of it, I hope the Yosh team wins.

What I'd like to see from the FIM/DORNA is an "ultimate" videopass, having MotoGP, WSBK, FIM Endurance Racing, and the IOM TT. I'd certainly pay for that.

·
8,592 Posts
I'm a GSXR rider, don't care for R1, it's fragile, unreliable given my 16 R1 blew up.
I don't have any brand loyalty, I go with what's practical and dependable.
Kawi won Bol D'or. But Suzuki still leading. All Japanese bikes at the top, reliability haha.

It's gonna take BMW a couple of years to make M1000 reliable & competitive. Ducati 8th lol. See my other post about endurance racing as a measure of reliability.
24h of hard riding will put an engine to its limits. GSXR FTW!!

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

Font Parallel Pattern Number Screenshot

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's gonna take BMW a couple of years to make M1000 reliable & competitive. Ducati 8th lol. See my other post about endurance racing as a measure of reliability.
24h of hard riding will put an engine to its limits. GSXR FTW!!
What are you talking about ? BMW finished 3rd in 24hrs of Le Mans with M engine 2 months ago.

No doubt Suzuki has a great winning team.

·
8,592 Posts
What are you talking about ? BMW finished 3rd in 24hrs of Le Mans with M engine 2 months ago.

No doubt Suzuki has a great winning team.
It does not matter, look at the 2021 FIM standings in 1st screenshot. Are you going to argue with that too lol? BMW is fifth. Suzuki is 1st ;)

I have done my research, all 5 race mechanics (3 in US, 2 in UK) said the same about Suzuki engine. It's the most reliable, easiest to work on. Followed by Honda SP engine (has shorter service intervals).

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It does not matter, look at the 2021 FIM standings in 1st screenshot. Are you going to argue with that too lol? BMW is fifth. Suzuki is 1st ;)
I think Le Mans was the first race when BMW used M engine.

You're also forgetting that Suzuki has extremely strong riders vs. BMW.

I have done my research, all 5 race mechanics (3 in US, 2 in UK) said the same about Suzuki engine. It's the most reliable, easiest to work on. Followed by Honda SP engine (has shorter service intervals).
How about you ask Phil Crowe or PCR performance or HM racing or Peter Hickman's workshop ?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts

Being a long-time Suzuki fan, I'm glad to see them doing well. I used to LOVE going to the WERA 24hrs West at Willow Springs. I'd certainly love to be able to see footage of the race.

·
8,592 Posts
Suzuki with least number of blown engines take the win by a large margin. Talk about reliability.
BMW 2nd which is good, they had many mechanicals.

LOL at Ducati.

Championship Font Competition event Poster Helmet

Font Parallel Number Pattern Circle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts