BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Interesting video…amazing to think the R6 bodywork fitted on the first gen RR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ravenbravo

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The S1000RR did take its competitors by surprise when it came out. I also think all sportbikes/naked bike owners owe it a measure of gratitude since the S1000RR made cruise control and heated grips required equipment :)
Suzuki still hasnt adapted them and thats why I bought the BMW instead :ROFLMAO:
Some other manufactures havent yet either.

· Premium Member
53 Posts
You know, at first one might think cruise control and heated grips are superfluous gimmicks for a sport bike but you’d be wrong. If you have a lot of boring slab to cross before you get to the fun riding, cruise is great. It allows you to adjust your riding position, relax your arms, etc. If you’re spending a few hours on a ride those options are real fatigue savers.

· Premium Member
January 2022 BOTM Winner
754 Posts
You know, at first one might think cruise control and heated grips are superfluous gimmicks for a sport bike but you’d be wrong. If you have a lot of boring slab to cross before you get to the fun riding, cruise is great. It allows you to adjust your riding position, relax your arms, etc. If you’re spending a few hours on a ride those options are real fatigue savers.
Isn't that what the left arm is for?

Kidding. I used to say the same for heated seats in cars and heated grips...til I experienced them on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts