BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team, it's been a while since I have posted. I had a 2013 rr which had Ohlins TTX and cartridge kit which I loved. Now I have a 2021 and I really don't like the electronic suspension.

I have also put on weight so now I'm at 105kgs / 231lbs.

I don't like the electronic suspension at all. I'm not super fast but I go ok. I like the firm setup on the road and track (I use the bike for both).

My question is, can I rip out all electronic suspensions and damper and replace it all with Ohlins without the computer losing it's mind?

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
You would be better off getting the ECU done right with DDC delete and adding RCK3 / HP race enables.. but, I can do both individually in that DDC deleted proper from the stock ECU code.

If you just remove the DDC fork and shock you will get errors you can see on the cluster, and errors you cannot see inside the ECU. It will still run however.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Australia. How long would it take to post it to you and back again? Sounds like a good plan. Can I send an ECU from a different s1000rr or does it have to be my one? (I think i know the answer but worth a try).

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
shipping time is based on who you use and how much you want to pay. USPS is 15-25 days.. DHL is 4-8 days. I dont trust FedEx much these days.

The ECU could only be from another bike if you have the ignition switch, key, and the cluster also.

· Registered
45 Posts
Tractive is another option. I emailed them last month. They said they'd have a cartridge and shock available in a couple of months for the k67. They developed the DDC system for BMW. It's actually their valves in the Marzocchi suspension, but BMW decided to save money on the damping portion by using Marzocchi. I'm waiting for Tractive. I want to be able to use the different settings and adjust the "clickers" from the dash. Comp and Reb are seperatley adjustable if the 2d front travel sensor is installed.

· Registered
45 Posts
I haven’t. I have a set coming for my GS. I know they’re having great success with cars and they developed DDC for BMW. As an example the stock DDC forks and shock use the tractive electronic valve. I see them being useful for better components and being able to set the damping curve manually and letting the DDC move the baseline up and down. Of coarse in race mode it would be a static setting.

· Registered
2021 BMW s1000rr, Kawasaki Z H2
11 Posts
I haven’t. I have a set coming for my GS. I know they’re having great success with cars and they developed DDC for BMW. As an example the stock DDC forks and shock use the tractive electronic valve. I see them being useful for better components and being able to set the damping curve manually and letting the DDC move the baseline up and down. Of coarse in race mode it would be a static setting.
How did this turn out? I will most likely order their front inserts shortly instead of trying a spring change.

· Registered
362 Posts
One thing to consider is re-sale. Unless you plan on keeping your bike until is completely worthless and trashed you might want to consider what a potential buyer might say when you tell him you've changed out the stock suspension to a custom one of a kind set-up.

· Registered
2021 BMW s1000rr, Kawasaki Z H2
11 Posts
One thing to consider is re-sale. Unless you plan on keeping your bike until is completely worthless and trashed you might want to consider what a potential buyer might say when you tell him you've changed out the stock suspension to a custom one of a kind set-up.
Valued point but does not concern me. This bike is meant for me and should be set up for me. 10,500 miles since February and it's a 2nd bike. I will have to change the front spring regardless and you cannot revalve the ddc. Waiting to hear back if the inserts come with springs or not and then about 4 weeks to get the product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts