BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

661 - 668 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe you're the idiot. I'm not replacing perfectly good parts, at least not this year
Yea maybe winter time when the season is over I might get mine replaced but definitely not at the start of the season. My buddy’s bike has been there for 3 weeks now. Told him to keep waiting it out since it’s already there and before the weather gets real nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Just got my Hayes calipers replaced with the Nissin calipers, brake lever, MC, and brake pads...all Nissin. Unfortunately, the Vesrah brake pads that worked before no longer work. Does anyone know what race brake pads will fit the new Nissin calipers? Below are pictures of the Nissin brake pad and calipers, labeled BMW.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Just got my Hayes calipers replaced with the Nissin calipers, brake lever, MC, and brake pads...all Nissin. Unfortunately, the Vesrah brake pads that worked before no longer work. Does anyone know what race brake pads will fit the new Nissin calipers? Below are pictures of the Nissin brake pad and calipers, labeled BMW.
Alpha racing mate

damn, you really paranoid with that blue tape, you wife must hate you

·
Registered
841 Posts
Suggest listening from 15:00 about Hayes and other Jap calipers.
He basically says that the K67 OEM Hayes calipers are a significant upgrade over the old Brembo, and the Nissin (M1000RR and recall replacement) are yet another upgrade.

BTW, I'm still getting used to the extra sensitivity of the Nissins. They thankfully don't have that binary bite of the old Brembo and feel very progressive, but they require far less finger pressure for any given level of braking.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
He basically says that the K67 OEM Hayes calipers are a significant upgrade over the old Brembo, and the Nissin (M1000RR and recall replacement) are yet another upgrade.

BTW, I'm still getting used to the extra sensitivity of the Nissins. They thankfully don't have that binary bite of the old Brembo and feel very progressive, but they require far less finger pressure for any given level of braking.
Nissin that you got as recall replacement and Nissin on M1000rr are different calipers.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nissin that you got as recall replacement and Nissin on M1000rr are different calipers.
Are you sure? They appear the same other than the color. And you cannot tell by the part number because the recall part number is different than the normal one even when the same part.

661 - 668 of 668 Posts