BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

601 - 620 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just received an email from my dealer. They have the parts ( calipers, pads, and master cylinder) on order but no definitive date on when they will receive them.
I am in Canada. The correspondence with the BMW rep has him saying that they will ship them with the next batch that bmw gets.
I am ok with that. My dealer says that I can still drive the bike but to watch the master cylinder reservoir that it has fluid.
Are you people still riding your bikes with the leaking calipers? Just want to make sure it’s safe to do so?

Both my dealer and bmw says it is. Just seeing what you guys are doing.

Please let me know

thanks in advance

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just received an email from my dealer. They have the parts ( calipers, pads, and master cylinder) on order but no definitive date on when they will receive them.
I am in Canada. The correspondence with the BMW rep has him saying that they will ship them with the next batch that bmw gets.
I am ok with that. My dealer says that I can still drive the bike but to watch the master cylinder reservoir that it has fluid.
Are you people still riding your bikes with the leaking calipers? Just want to make sure it’s safe to do so?

Both my dealer and bmw says it is. Just seeing what you guys are doing.

Please let me know

thanks in advance
Mine have never leaked when I got it feb last year and they still swapped Hayes calipers with new Hayes but still no leaks guess I’m lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mine have never leaked when I got it feb last year and they still swapped Hayes calipers with new Hayes but still no leaks guess I’m lucky

Too bad they are changing calipers that don't leak. I've got a lot of pads that won't fit the new calipers.

I'd just not take it in but I think mine is on the list of bikes that need new top end components for the other problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi deedub ,question. What area of the country are you from ? i think BMW is dispensing Nissin calipers area by area . My dealer has 25 sold bikes waiting and has heard nothing . There is roughly 5 million people in the surrounding area so BMW isnt going by size/population . Thank You

·
Registered
695 Posts
I like my Hayes and may not take mine in.

That said, I probably will like whatever the replacement is if I can get decent pads for them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi deedub ,question. What area of the country are you from ? i think BMW is dispensing Nissin calipers area by area . My dealer has 25 sold bikes waiting and has heard nothing . There is roughly 5 million people in the surrounding area so BMW isnt going by size/population . Thank You
I’m in northern Virginia near Leesburg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally, I was just informed that my dealer has received two new caliper sets, one of which is mine. So, here is to hopping that they can have them installed before the weekend 🤞. I am also hopping that the second COVID shot that I have tomorrow will not nock me on my ass for too long. :) 2021 is starting to look a lot better than 2020. lol

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR
1 Posts
Nice to hear that bikes are getting remedied. I can’t take delivery on my ‘21 until parts come in. I purchased it back in January. BMW support has no ETA. They keep telling me that the don’t even know how they are going to fix the issue and that I would be notified when parts go into production... what a mess!

·
Registered
795 Posts
The parts didn't come in as expected, but they are coming in today. I'll give a preliminary report when I get it back, but a more comprehensive one after a brisk performance-oriented ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I have the 2021 Hockenheim one in grey and they swapped out the calipers and master cylinder (brake) before I was able to pick up the bike. The Hayes were swapped to Nissin race quality BMW branded calipers. I was told that all recalls had been remedied. I also got the forged wheels and some M sports add ons like the additional race modes.Have already added quite a number of add-ons since I bought it, it now looks a little better. Factory cowl in grey comes today since I will be riding solo only.
Nice color choice. I picked up a Hockenheim Silver as well.
IMG_20210327_234345_155.jpg

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
The Akra and the Brembo calipers really set the tone of the bikes looks. Good luck on your rides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No hurry here...my Hayes have been fine since day 1. 4400 miles and all good at the moment. thankfully the guy that would be swapping mine is the guy that works on Nate's bikes and is totally cool with the BT. I guess I'll go in eventually if they call but not anytime soon. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why would you have to flash it back to get the calipers replaced?
From what I read it sounds like the abs needs updated when they replace the calipers, but wouldn't you lose this when you put your flash back on?
Or do you have to send the ecu file back out to the tuner for a redo?
Excuse my ignorance, trying to figure out how these ecu's work.

601 - 620 of 663 Posts