BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

581 - 600 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like this situation is finally sorting itself out. Brakes came in Tuesday, dealership installed the calipers this afternoon and I pick it up tomorrow at 1:00 PM.

So glad to be able to finally start to ride this bike. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like this situation is finally sorting itself out. Brakes came in Tuesday, dealership installed the calipers this afternoon and I pick it up tomorrow at 1:00 PM.

So glad to be able to finally start to ride this bike. Can’t wait.

deedub, Congrats! I am still waiting for the call :cry:. Would love to hear how the new brakes are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
deedub, Congrats! I am still waiting for the call :cry:. Would love to hear how the new brakes are.
Thanks so much sswiss and will do. I intend to put some miles on tomorrow afternoon. Weather is supposed to be good here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a new brentuning handheld which I have not plugged yet. My question was about whether I should wait until after the brakes are done before flashing the bike, and I believe I got my answer.
These bikes run so much better (everywhere) with the Bren flash you never want to go back. I will be in no hurry at all to do a caliper swap, no problems at all with the Hayes so far - will probably wait at least a year until it all gets sorted

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, I was just informed that my Calipers will be sent out by BMW on 3/28/21. I guess another weekend or more before I get to have the first ride on my new bike 😢

·
BT Moto
1,209 Posts
It would be fine if you get this done before flashing right?
Yes, that would be best.

I have a new brentuning handheld which I have not plugged yet. My question was about whether I should wait until after the brakes are done before flashing the bike, and I believe I got my answer.
Yes, get the brakes done then flash. Best and fastest way to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Success!

Picked up my RR this afternoon as they switched out the calipers yesterday.

I did some miles this afternoon. New Nissins were great as far as I’m concerned, and the disc and pads aren’t even close to being broken in. They can only get better.

Question. What’s the benefit of Brent tunning. How do you get it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Deedub, when you press the brake do they bite hard,or? How they feel?
Keep in mind the only thing I was able to do this afternoon was some (spirited ) street riding.

They did not bite hard or grab. Very easy to modulate and control the the amount of braking force I wanted from a little to a lot. Very smooth braking too with the pad/disc combo.

I use just one finger on the brake and come in with two if I really want to hit the clamps. Had to do it this afternoon too when a driver didn’t see me. Hit the brakes hard. Perfect controlled stop. I’m pretty impressed so far. I think these Nissins are going to be just great.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Always put your bike to stock ANYTIME you visit a dealer. The ABS update is new software that will need a revised flash. BMW dealers are bricking KOMBI's on stock bikes because they don't have a correct version of ISTA yet. I would wait at least a month or two before scheduling the dealer visit to swap capipers so they get their process correct.
What version of ISTA+ is the correct version?

·
Registered
324 Posts
They did not bite hard or grab. Very easy to modulate and control the the amount of braking force I wanted from a little to a lot. Very smooth braking too with the pad/disc combo.
Sounds like Hayes.

I'm sure the Nissin's are good but doubt there is much in it between the two

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like Hayes.

I'm sure the Nissin's are good but doubt there is much in it between the two
Yeah I wish I could do a better comparison to the Hayes. I did get try the Hayes when I did a test ride of my RR back in November. But that was only for a short distance and it was a gentle ride so I just don’t have any real experience with them.

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim grey
4 Posts
Yeah, I have the 2021 Hockenheim one in grey and they swapped out the calipers and master cylinder (brake) before I was able to pick up the bike. The Hayes were swapped to Nissin race quality BMW branded calipers. I was told that all recalls had been remedied. I also got the forged wheels and some M sports add ons like the additional race modes.Have already added quite a number of add-ons since I bought it, it now looks a little better. Factory cowl in grey comes today since I will be riding solo only.

Attachments

581 - 600 of 663 Posts