BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

561 - 580 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hi Loomis , So your installing a Brembo RCS 19 to the new NIssin calipers? They are compatible?

Question 2 unrelated ... I have 300 break in miles on my 2020 (bought in winter) When its cold 20s-30s, do you get ....ENGINE CODE FAULT.... on dash with brown backround?
I have not install the RCS master yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
The dealer that I have been talking to said they don't have any update till end of the month. They also said that last month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picking up a new one soon. Spoke to dealer and he said the specific bike I booked is getting calipers in a week. The dealership wrote to BMW 5 days ago so yeah communication from BMW is pretty slow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update today on my sales hold ‘21 RR.

My dealer called me this morning to tell me my replacement calipers finally arrived. I’ve been waiting for this day since November 5th. Hooray!

They are going to make every effort to try and get the upgrade done in the next 2-3 days so with luck I’ll be picking up the bike this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah my dealer just told me all are getting replaced pretty much , hopefully they're only a week or 2 out, as mine is sitting at the dealer now .No update at this point on an eta. Just in time for the riding season ! ha

·
Registered
300 Posts
If BMW refuses to swap out Hayes calipers because they dont leak at this moment , then later they do leak and someone crashes. Thats an ambulance chasers wet dream .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I swapped out my Hayes calipers for a set of Brembo Stylema's & a Brembo RCS Corta Corsa mastercylinder.
I wonder if I take my factory Hayes calipers to the dealership will they give me a set of the Nissin calipers for the recall even though I already swapped out the Hayes calipers?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I swapped out my Hayes calipers for a set of Brembo Stylema's & a Brembo RCS Corta Corsa mastercylinder.
I wonder if I take my factory Hayes calipers to the dealership will they give me a set of the Nissin calipers for the recall even though I already swapped out the Hayes calipers?
Does the dealer know you have the brembo? I would swap them back out to Hayes and bring to dealer to get new Nissin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would say that would be a big, no

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
THAT, is an interesting question. I'd have to probably agree with Elk...but you never know until you ask.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
Asking never hurts. :)

I like the idea of swapping the Hayes back on. It would only take a short bit of time.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Asking never hurts. :)

I like the idea of swapping the Hayes back on. It would only take a short bit of time.
I was thinking that too, but I think he would have to swap the master as well, since if I remember those are switching too. So, it would be a mite involved, but I'd say it was worth it. As it stands, the Hayes are nothing more than paperweights, and he could probably sell the Nissin calipers and master cylinder for a decent price. He's have to go thru taking the system apart again (2 times total) but he could probably sell the set for enough to make it worth it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would like to hear from people with tunes who had their electronics reprogrammed for the new brakes. I wonder if the reprogramming affects the tune. Will one have to get an updated tune after the brake swap? @BRENTUNING do you have any info yet?

·
BT Moto
1,209 Posts
I would like to hear from people with tunes who had their electronics reprogrammed for the new brakes. I wonder if the reprogramming affects the tune. Will one have to get an updated tune after the brake swap? @BRENTUNING do you have any info yet?
Always put your bike to stock ANYTIME you visit a dealer. The ABS update is new software that will need a revised flash. BMW dealers are bricking KOMBI's on stock bikes because they don't have a correct version of ISTA yet. I would wait at least a month or two before scheduling the dealer visit to swap capipers so they get their process correct.

Reactions: Pipes1021

·
Registered
693 Posts
Always put your bike to stock ANYTIME you visit a dealer. The ABS update is new software that will need a revised flash. BMW dealers are bricking KOMBI's on stock bikes because they don't have a correct version of ISTA yet. I would wait at least a month or two before scheduling the dealer visit to swap capipers so they get their process correct.
It would be fine if you get this done before flashing right?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a new brentuning handheld which I have not plugged yet. My question was about whether I should wait until after the brakes are done before flashing the bike, and I believe I got my answer.

561 - 580 of 663 Posts