BMW S1000RR Forum banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
That’s some serious dedication. Tip of the hat to you sir. I’ll hang in as absolutely long as I can.

I really want the RR too. It’s just frustrating. My bike is a couple miles from me at the dealer with a sold hang tag on it.

I’ve been visiting it occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea at first it was oh yea 1-2 months we’ll have it. Ok sounds good! I sell my 2011 s1000rr and my 05 r1. 2 more months go by. It should be here soon. Another month or two goes by.. repeat repeat. Luckily I still had a another 1000 in the stable the whole waiting time to keep me sane. Well since your waiting before the bike even leaves the dealership get radiator/ oil cooler guards. It’s a definite to get. I had mine put on before it left the dealer

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s some serious dedication. Tip of the hat to you sir. I’ll hang in as absolutely long as I can.

I really want the RR too. It’s just frustrating. My bike is a couple miles from me at the dealer with a sold hang tag on it.

I’ve been visiting it occasionally.

I visited mine twice. It’s 2 hours away. They usually have coffee waiting for me when I show up. New England riding season is still a couple months away, but staring at a sold sign every couple weeks isn’t gonna work for me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I visited mine twice. It’s 2 hours away. They usually have coffee waiting for me when I show up. New England riding season is still a couple months away, but staring at a sold sign every couple weeks isn’t gonna work for me.
Start saving up for mods or money to pay off the bike if you haven’t already. Mine was basically all paid off when I got it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sucks that y'all are having issues getting brakes on your 2020's and 2021's, I hope BMW solves this issue soon. However, I totally disagree with you on the "equitable" part. I think BMW is doing EXACTLY what it needs to do for the following reasons:
1. The current owners have PAID for the motorcycle in it's entirety and are making payments on it, instead of a potential owner just putting down a small deposit.
2. The bike is in the hands of it's owner now, and it then becomes a big safety/legal liability issue for BMW if something goes wrong. A bike sitting in a warehouse or on a dealer's floor can't hurt or kill anyone. A bike in the hands of it's owner CAN. Orders of magnitude bigger problem.

Best of luck getting your bike!
Think of it from BMW's point of view. BMW is in the business to sell motorcycles. They already have your money. The unsold bikes on dealer floors are potential new sales so they will get fixed first so they can be sold ASAP. Look at SIB 34-02-21 (brake recall for GS, RT, XR). All dealer inventory with Hayes calipers gets replaced with Brembo no questions asked. Customer bikes? Inspect and if not leaking ship it. Hopefully to be replaced with Brembo at a later date when parts supply is adequate.
I've worked in dealer service departments for ~20 years and its always been this way, inventory vehicles get fixed first.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Think of it from BMW's point of view. BMW is in the business to sell motorcycles. They already have your money. The unsold bikes on dealer floors are potential new sales so they will get fixed first so they can be sold ASAP. Look at SIB 34-02-21 (brake recall for GS, RT, XR). All dealer inventory with Hayes calipers gets replaced with Brembo no questions asked. Customer bikes? Inspect and if not leaking ship it. Hopefully to be replaced with Brembo at a later date when parts supply is adequate.
I've worked in dealer service departments for ~20 years and its always been this way, inventory vehicles get fixed first.
I disagree, and it seems BMW agrees from what has been said by people waiting for brakes. Maybe for minor non-safety issues, but not for brakes. They have a HUGE liability issue with vehicles out there with bad brakes, and the potential multi-million-dollar PER case liability. That, and the HUGE black eye they'll get if someone gets injured or dies. They're absolutely not going to risk that for new sales. They'll get the sales if they fix the bikes. The stop sale will drag on if there's injuries.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
216 Posts
I disagree, and it seems BMW agrees from what has been said by people waiting for brakes. Maybe for minor non-safety issues, but not for brakes. They have a HUGE liability issue with vehicles out there with bad brakes, and the potential multi-million-dollar PER case liability. That, and the HUGE black eye they'll get if someone gets injured or dies. They're absolutely not going to risk that for new sales. They'll get the sales if they fix the bikes. The stop sale will drag on if there's injuries.
Agree. In a letter sent to the NHTSA by BMW, the order of caliper replacement in order of priority is planned to be: bikes sold and on the road, bikes on sales floor sold or with a deposit, bikes on sales floor which have not been sold, bikes being shipped sold or with a deposit, and finally bikes being shipped which have not been sold. In a previous post, I posted a link to the letter. I will try to find it.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Agree. In a letter sent to the NHTSA by BMW, the order of caliper replacement in order of priority is planned to be: bikes sold and on the road, bikes on sales floor sold or with a deposit, bikes on sales floor which have not been sold, bikes being shipped sold or with a deposit, and finally bikes being shipped which have not been sold. In a previous post, I posted a link to the letter. I will try to find it.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts