BMW S1000RR Forum banner

241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Makes sense. If the RR was getting the brembo's then they would have been fitting them already. They won't be the blue ones. Just black.
You are talking about the S1000RR (K67) getting black Nissins right?

In the video at this TS:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree on black. Blue is considered premium, right. lol. Hopefully the only difference will be the bolt holes/ spacing.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
And they killed the video. I guess someone upstairs was not happy or something shared as fact in the video was not accurate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
And they killed the video. I guess someone upstairs was not happy or something shared as fact in the video was not accurate.
According to the recall SIB the calipers will be inspected first and if they are not leaking they are not to be replaced. The video made it sound like all Hayes calipers will be replaced.

·
Registered
263 Posts
According to the recall SIB the calipers will be inspected first and if they are not leaking they are not to be replaced. The video made it sound like all Hayes calipers will be replaced.
I would think they would do more than an "inspection" - some of us clean our calipers and discs regularly with brake cleaner. They should conduct a pressure test

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
Push for a replacement guys, for all! if the they start leaking after the warranty is up.....
the recall for the oil cooler replacement and these calipers are going to be for the life of the bike no matter the miles, no matter it looks like crap when you bring it in there for service. they have to replace them. Your VIN just must be in that that recall range of bikes involved.

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would think they would do more than an "inspection" - some of us clean our calipers and discs regularly with brake cleaner. They should conduct a pressure test
The leak is so minor a pressure test would probably tell them zero. I leak-down test, if one could be performed on a brake system, would tell you if you had a leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t have a ton of info on this, but I bought a 2021 a couple weeks ago from a dealer. Financed through bmw. It obviously can’t be released to me because of the stop sale and recall. Dealer told me it would most likely be a Nissin caliper that will be going on. Because I financed through bmw it red flags the bike in the system as a priority for fixing. Not that that means anything I’m sure. I was told minimal 2 weeks or as long as 6-8 before they will have the calipers. This was said to me by the owner of the dealership. If he’s being honest or just a salesman.... I’m not sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t have a ton of info on this, but I bought a 2021 a couple weeks ago from a dealer. Financed through bmw. It obviously can’t be released to me because of the stop sale and recall. Dealer told me it would most likely be a Nissin caliper that will be going on. Because I financed through bmw it red flags the bike in the system as a priority for fixing. Not that that means anything I’m sure. I was told minimal 2 weeks or as long as 6-8 before they will have the calipers. This was said to me by the owner of the dealership. If he’s being honest or just a salesman.... I’m not sure.
I'm in Canada, purchased a left over 2020 in January. Was told the same and it would be fixed by the end of January. Now am being told it might not be until the end of March. The dealer never gave me any indication if what caliper it would be but said it would be 'fast-tracked' since it was a sold unit. Hopefully we both get some concrete answers soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Canada, purchased a left over 2020 in January. Was told the same and it would be fixed by the end of January. Now am being told it might not be until the end of March. The dealer never gave me any indication if what caliper it would be but said it would be 'fast-tracked' since it was a sold unit. Hopefully we both get some concrete answers soon.
Yeah sounded to me like smoke a mirrors from the dealership so I wouldn’t bother them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a ‘21 on hold and sitting at my dealer the last four (Ugh!!) months. I was able to read a communication from the BMW Motorrad regional manager to my dealer on the hold.

First, he said he thought the replacement calipers for new bikes would be arriving in the US mid to late March.

Second, the replacement calipers would be “the functional equivalent” of the M1000 caliper.

My take. He wasn’t really sure about the timing and I would not be surprised at all if it takes longer, especially with COVID issues. And the calipers are not going to be the actual M bike caliper. I was told it would be THE M caliper.

I also learned that replacement components will be sent to the dealer for particular serials. So that means a bike sold a week ago could conceivably receive its parts before a bike sitting with a deposit on it for the last few months. Hardly equitable in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
778 Posts
So that means a bike sold a week ago could conceivably receive its parts before a bike sitting with a deposit on it for the last few months. Hardly equitable in my opinion.
Sucks that y'all are having issues getting brakes on your 2020's and 2021's, I hope BMW solves this issue soon. However, I totally disagree with you on the "equitable" part. I think BMW is doing EXACTLY what it needs to do for the following reasons:
1. The current owners have PAID for the motorcycle in it's entirety and are making payments on it, instead of a potential owner just putting down a small deposit.
2. The bike is in the hands of it's owner now, and it then becomes a big safety/legal liability issue for BMW if something goes wrong. A bike sitting in a warehouse or on a dealer's floor can't hurt or kill anyone. A bike in the hands of it's owner CAN. Orders of magnitude bigger problem.

Best of luck getting your bike!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sucks that y'all are having issues getting brakes on your 2020's and 2021's, I hope BMW solves this issue soon. However, I totally disagree with you on the "equitable" part. I think BMW is doing EXACTLY what it needs to do for the following reasons:
1. The current owners have PAID for the motorcycle in it's entirety and are making payments on it, instead of a potential owner just putting down a small deposit.
2. The bike is in the hands of it's owner now, and it then becomes a big safety/legal liability issue for BMW if something goes wrong. A bike sitting in a warehouse or on a dealer's floor can't hurt or kill anyone. A bike in the hands of it's owner CAN. Orders of magnitude bigger problem.

Best of luck getting your bike!
Couldn’t agree more. I was only referring to new unsold RRs at the dealers. I have no idea how BMW is handling the sold bikes on the road already. Maybe someone knows.

Another point, dealer’s new bike sales have been slashed because of this. And they are floor planning their inventories. A big expense. Dealers will be pressuring for parts to get their sales going.

Going to be a big problem. Just too many bikes for a supply system that seems rather slow moving.

I’ve waited for four months. Not a big deal so far because it’s not riding season here. But as the weather improves it’s going to be harder to wait.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If it makes anyone feel better I waited almost a whole year to get my 2020 but it was worth it

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it makes anyone feel better I waited almost a whole year to get my 2020 but it was worth it

That’s some serious dedication. Tip of the hat to you sir. I’ll hang in as absolutely long as I can.

I really want the RR too. It’s just frustrating. My bike is a couple miles from me at the dealer with a sold hang tag on it.

I’ve been visiting it occasionally.

241 - 260 of 264 Posts