BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am the second owner of a 2015 RR that I have enjoyed riding for the past year, having added a full Akropovic exhaust, a PC 5 and Auto Tuner. What I am missing however, are the Pro Mode selection programming, as I am limited to Rain, Street and Race modes. The local dealer has checked my serial number with BMW Motorad, and my bike can be upgraded with the necessary hardware/software upgrades for something around $1k. The question is, will I benefit much with the additional User modes if I do not have definite plans to track the bike? I typically ride in the Race mode, which still provides plenty of oversight, and I occasionally defeat the traction control, leaving the ABS engaged, but I'm not exactly all that confident in my skills knowing that I don'r have quite the same safety net. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not so lucky! I actually bought the coding plug from my local dealer for $25, thinking that I was going to find Nirvana, however my bike was ordered by the previous owner with everything but the Pro modes. Consequently I not only need the software upgrade, but also the left hand grip assembly with the Pro mode switch, and BMW wants something like $800 for the assembly. I asked about finding one from a salvaged RR, but as everything BMW, the switch assembly has to be paired with the ECU upon initialization and I was told that a used one will have already been paired with it's original ECU and not able to be re-used. The Pro modes software is only a couple hundred dollars I believe they said.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
but as everything BMW, the switch assembly has to be paired with the ECU upon initialization and I was told that a used one will have already been paired with it's original ECU and not able to be re-used
Nothing to base this on , but this just sounds plain fishy to me, I am sure more knowledgeable folk on the forum will soon confirm/rebuke this thought

·
Vendor
2,176 Posts
I sent him a PM... :) ...I can fix for alot less on the software side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts