BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW S 1000 RR.

• New Style Passion with Mineral grey metallic.
  • M Chassis kit new as standard. Includes swinging pivot point, rear lift.
  • optional equipment Dynamic package with new content: Riding Modes Pro, DDC, cruise control, heated grips.
  • Race package with M Endurance chain + sports silencer or M Titanium exhaust system.
  • M packege with M Sports seat, M Light weight battery, M GPS laptrigger, M Carbon wheels or M Forged wheels; tank lid new in black colour.
  • Billet pack with new content: M Brake lever/M clutch lever foldable, M Footrest system le/ri, M Brake lever guard ri. Engine protector and clutch lever guard are dropped (=>lower price).
  • Sports package is dropped.
  • All packages are combinable.
  • The two M wheel variants can be ordered as single option for each colour.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Searched for the release date in Europe, but didn`t find any info on that, would you happen to know?
New Model Year production is August at the factory. I'd say new models out September / October without any production issues. Not sure with covid if motorcycle shows will be on as normally October and November is EICMA / INTERMOT. Could be delayed till November and December Release. But as its mainly colour options. No real tooling needs to be done.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2022 will most likely be exactly the same. Its just cosmetic changes and some extra options. Bike itself will be the same.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I when toggle the "SET" switch, it brings up the IAT, which seems to coincide nicely with ambient air temperature, at least when the bike is in motion. Once I realized that, the need for an OAT display seemed redundant.
The intake air temp is heat soaked and not accurate. Models like the R and XR have a dedicated ambient air temp sensor. I've put it on my RR because I can. It reads accurately.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Yeah you can get them already for the stock RR. Just need the master cylinder and software update to go with it same as the replacement nissin's. Sep confirmed that a while ago. Software will be pressure related for the ABS and new master cylinder. Can't imagine it would be very cheap. All to have the wank of blue calipers. They do look nice though.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Benny do you know if the 22 model August production has begun? I might finally upgrade to the 22rr and get this mineral gray if they land by Thanksgiving.
I will double check for you. I'd say they would have stopped MY21 now. MY22 would be on the cards. They land in EU first and then US. Aus gets them last and smaller stock allocation so normally its like December or Jan here. Possibly be ready in October or November.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Keyless start doesn't require batteries in the fob. The vehicle sends out energy to charge a nearby chip and the chip then sends back a code using that energy.. Everyone loves keyless start. They really should have done it in 2019.
Can you shut up. You don't have 1 clue what you are talking about. Keyless fob sends out energy? So what powers it to send out energy? What the hell does this even mean?

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
LMAO dude you have no clue. GO educate yourself. Yes that's exactly how it works. DUH You also don't need to be rude.
The BMW fob's have batteries in them. Even the RDC tyre pressure sensors have batteries in them. "they send out energy". Just shut up and stop trying to explain things you have 0 concept of. Based off your posts on this forum you know absolutely nothing about this bike and the technology it uses so listen to the people who do and you might learn something.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Your terminology is incorrect. "sending out energy". I'm aware of how the technology works. The issue I have is your wording and terminology.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
The standard key obviously does not have a battery. However the keyless ride BMW fob keys do have batteries in them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts