BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
Curious what color the forks will be on the m-sport. My dealer paperwork showed it being gold, but on BMW website there is pictures of both gold and black forks. I’ll ask the dealer to take some pics.

Dealer called and told me that my bike has already arrived last week, but as I am away on holiday I can’t pick it up until October!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
Have we got a non computer generated 2022 M sport pic?
Yes, still waiting for the dealer to take one of my bike sitting in their basement! Unfortunately I am on holiday another week on the Italian coast… yea, for sure 1st world problems, but all I can think about is getting on my bike!

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
OK- T minus 3 days until I make it out of Italy and am back home to pickup the 22 M-sport bike. Anyone post pics before me? 😝

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
On the 22 M I had the option between carbon and forged (600€ less).

but yea, super interested if they have a outside air temp on the new model, one of only a few “negatives” I could niy pick the build. Important for me since I usually ride pretty close to freezing temps in the shoulder seasons, and would be good to know a bit more precisely what the actual temp is while on the go.

thanks for the details pic, brakes look slick!

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
I might replace the rear 200/55 tyre to 190/55
I have actually thought about doing the same, is there any drawbacks (i.e. decreased straight line stability?). The approved tire choice is a bit better in Germany in the 190 size.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
I think the US spec flat spot @6000rpm has now migrated to the 2022 euro spec bikes! 2022 euro spec is euro5.
man, this is the first I am hearing of this, I have not noticed anything on my 2022 euro spec bike. Perhaps I have just not noticed it, how prominent is it?

I’d have to go out-for a ride and look for it, but right now snow in the forecast. Arggg!

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
It’s simple to tell.
2nd or 3rd gear, start at around 3000rpm and progressively roll it up past 6000rpm, you should feel a slight dip in power, past that it comes good again.
Which mode were you in? Does the “roll on” rate matter (i.e. you feel it only in a slow, progressive roll on, and not in a fast “to the stops” roll on?).

I’ve done well over 2000 kms and plenty of pulls from in 2nd and 3rd gears from low RPMs to Redline, and have never felt the bike hesitate in acceleration. This bike felt exactly like the 21 model I test rode.

But… I have generally been in road mode, both the test ride and now on my 22’.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
I hope this is not the case.
for what it’s worth, my bike feels exactly like I expected from the test ride. Not sure if this matters but this is a very early 2022 M build.

I’ll take it out for a spin this weekend to check, if there isn’t snow… 🏅

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
I think the US spec flat spot @6000rpm has now migrated to the 2022 euro spec bikes! 2022 euro spec is euro5.
I was thinking it was due to a break-in tune, but upon some research there isn't a break-in tune except a 9000rmp redline? It feels like a rev limiter cut haha.. This has to go, Brentune here I come.
OK, so I took one for the team today since it was the first nice day in over a month. I ragged out the old girl in Dynamic mode in all gears and speeds legally allowed on the autobahn 😂 to see if I can find a dead spot, and man I just can’t find anything to complain about.

not saying it’s not a thing, but either it’s not on this bike or I’m just numb (which very well could be the case since temps were below 35F!). Tried all gears, full and partial throttle, and speeds well in the excess of, um, something that looked north of 25o kph on the dash 😇.

anyone else with a euro spec ‘22 experience the dead spot?

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
Looks great, we’re you able to use plug and ply connectors from TST for this, or did you splice/solder/heat shrink into factory harness?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts