BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW S 1000 RR.

• New Style Passion with Mineral grey metallic.
  • M Chassis kit new as standard. Includes swinging pivot point, rear lift.
  • optional equipment Dynamic package with new content: Riding Modes Pro, DDC, cruise control, heated grips.
  • Race package with M Endurance chain + sports silencer or M Titanium exhaust system.
  • M packege with M Sports seat, M Light weight battery, M GPS laptrigger, M Carbon wheels or M Forged wheels; tank lid new in black colour.
  • Billet pack with new content: M Brake lever/M clutch lever foldable, M Footrest system le/ri, M Brake lever guard ri. Engine protector and clutch lever guard are dropped (=>lower price).
  • Sports package is dropped.
  • All packages are combinable.
  • The two M wheel variants can be ordered as single option for each colour.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm usually not into black bikes (too invisible to cagers), but, I'm liking that with the silver and red highlights. If those stripes were Motorsport colors (2 different blue and a red pinstripe)....hmmmm....

I wonder if you could buy this, strip the red off, buy the stripe stickers from the current Motorsport scheme, and add them. Or better, have them actually painted on.

Anyone with mad "Paint" (LOL) or Photochop skills wanna have a go at this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can almost guarantee that the M GPS Laptrigger will be an activation code only just like the M1000RR. The actual hardware will need to be purchased separately.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm usually not into black bikes (too invisible to cagers), but, I'm liking that with the silver and red highlights. If those stripes were Motorsport colors (2 different blue and a red pinstripe)....hmmmm....

I wonder if you could buy this, strip the red off, buy the stripe stickers from the current Motorsport scheme, and add them. Or better, have them actually painted on.

Anyone with mad "Paint" (LOL) or Photochop skills wanna have a go at this?
just add some white bits to my magnificent effort ! :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really hope I'm wrong and that it's a simple photoshop job but BMW maybe have introduced something new in the dashboard:
  • outside temperature
  • larger display ??
  • sidebar with notches ?? (any new features?)
  • new graphics for the DTC + / button
  • written on the key block in white
The most striking novelty would really be the arrival of the outside temperature (and it was even now!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my 2021 a week ago and now this news comes out lol. Not complaining as I have the full options and got both lever guards and engine guards with my billet package 😇

kinda cool if you can build any option to any colour now though.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I got my 2021 a week ago and now this news comes out lol. Not complaining as I have the full options and got both lever guards and engine guards with my billet package 😇

kinda cool if you can build any option to any colour now though.
There is no winning, continously getting updated and us getting outdated is the name of the game, cars bikes trucks you name it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is no winning, continously getting updated and us getting outdated is the name of the game, cars bikes trucks you name it.
No doubt man.
I bought my 2014 before not knowing the 15 model would be that different 🤦🏻‍♂️ Lol oh well loving my 21 model so far!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn…I would’ve picked this up with the M, Billet Pack, and Sports Silencer. Even though I piece mealed that together and added before taking delivery, it would’ve been nice to have all of the ‘M’ parts. And…pairing Akra Ti headers with that Sports Exhaust would’ve kept it nice and OEM looking.

And double darn…it looks like you can get the M package WITHOUT DDC in the online configurator render. If that’s the case, double darney darn darn!

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Searched for the release date in Europe, but didn`t find any info on that, would you happen to know?
New Model Year production is August at the factory. I'd say new models out September / October without any production issues. Not sure with covid if motorcycle shows will be on as normally October and November is EICMA / INTERMOT. Could be delayed till November and December Release. But as its mainly colour options. No real tooling needs to be done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This came in the right time, just out in the market for a brand new bike.

Test drove the 2020/21 S1000RR, but something felt off, throttle response was fluffy in low rpm and it was surging at 4k - 6k range. Nearly bought that before i test drove it, but luckily not.

I hope there are some updates for the 2022 mapping!! Like in the way, that it would be usable out of the crate.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2022 will most likely be exactly the same. Its just cosmetic changes and some extra options. Bike itself will be the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So making it usable means getting it mapped first, that`s a shame, they cost 31k here, for the price it should be pristine in every way.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts