BMW S1000RR Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Delivered!
Congrats! I'm super curious about the reliability issues on the 19-20 vs 21, hopefully everything has been sorted out. Also, once you have yours unlocked, maybe try to dyno-but against a stock 20 model, would be super interesting if they changed the torque/power curve.

Enjoy and congratulations again.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Congrats on. I will be doing a demo ride next on Tuesday. Going to demo the XR, as posted above, I hope they have a black one to see what it looks like in person.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes but you notice the flat spot so much more when it is [unlocked]. I didn’t think my k67 had that bad of a flat spot untill it was unlocked and had a full exhaust. Then I noticed it a lot more. I’m going to assume the 2021 model will have that bmw flash on it that helps it a lot but doesn’t restore full power like a Brentune or the others flash. It’s going to be hard to compare it since the motor is different. We will have to see dynos of the bike from the dealer after the rev limiter is removed and after it’s flashed to see how it really is
Agree - I think it will need to be unlocked to determine if this is still a problem.

I rode this weekend - absolutely love this bike - and didn't notice it, but I'm new to the S1000RR (coming from Ducati 1299) and don't have a 2020 for comparison. The agility and smoothness makes the 1299 feel like a truck

Installed radiator guard first thing - happy with this aluminum one (similar to Evotech) - looks factory Amazon.com: S1000RR Motorcycle Radiator Grille Grill Guard & Oil Guard Kit For BMW S 1000 RR 2019: Automotive

·
Registered
369 Posts
Agree - I think it will need to be unlocked to determine if this is still a problem.

I rode this weekend - absolutely love this bike - and didn't notice it, but I'm new to the S1000RR (coming from Ducati 1299) and don't have a 2020 for comparison. The agility and smoothness makes the 1299 feel like a truck

Installed radiator guard first thing - happy with this aluminum one (similar to Evotech) - looks factory Amazon.com: S1000RR Motorcycle Radiator Grille Grill Guard & Oil Guard Kit For BMW S 1000 RR 2019: Automotive
You notice vibration in bars? Buzzy? The power flat spot should show at 5500 -8000 rpm.
Did the guards come with foam backing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is mild vibration but I'm coming from a 1299 L twin so no biggie :) Yes they did come with backing (only needed for the oil cooler)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have entered the S1000RR world again. I am picking up a 2021 M Package tomorrow. I loved my 2016 but life changes made me switch to a GS for sometime. I hope I made a good move after reading what seems to be an overwhelming amount of negative posts.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glitches with the 2020 for sure, hopefully more of them get addressed by BMW in 2021.

Remember happy owners rarely post, people usually post to bitch about something. So far this is the best bike I've owned

·
Registered
134 Posts
FYI I was able to get all of the items from the "Billet Pack" now, including the rearsets. I saw it said something like "Available December" so wasn't sure if anyone else was looking for them!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Did they change the orange highlight under the 'S 1000' decal for 2021? Haven't seen any 2021 silver. The bmw motorrad configurator does show without the highlight. Does anyone here has a 2021 silver? Just curious

121 - 140 of 155 Posts