BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Must be Cross Country, they had several listed on Cycle Trader and some sold in like a day.

Price is full retail, no one is dealing on new bikes, but I bought this one from a dealer in FL

·
Registered
98 Posts
Silver with orange graphics never did anything for me. The M1000RR colors look good but the 2019/20 M was too much white and kind of boring imo

You can never go wrong with black, it's a common color (in general) and upkeep is high but always looks good with a wax/ceramic coat

·
Registered
363 Posts
Silver with orange graphics never did anything for me. The M1000RR colors look good but the 2019/20 M was too much white and kind of boring imo

You can never go wrong with black, it's a common color (in general) and upkeep is high but always looks good with a wax/ceramic coat
Black is Sinister, the best color to me plus everyone and their mother have red/white/blue M models.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you going to pull the trigger? Black race package showing up at my local dealer next week if anyone is looking

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

I’m a little partial to white. Very easy to keep clean. My ex girlfriend had an all black Grand Cherokee and it sure did look good clean but two days later was a different story.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know why they didn't keep red and black. It sure looks much better than silver. Also, it sure looks like bmw is pinching pennies and trying to save money in every department...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Are you going to pull the trigger? Black race package showing up at my local dealer next week if anyone is looking
Not sure yet. 2 things concern me the most, Vibration and the flat spot in power. The power can be fixed after spending $1K for Brentune, but vibrations can be hard to deal with and eliminate.
The salesman acts stupid about the power issue and says no one who ever bought a 2020/2021 came back to complain about it. I said no, they probably just went and got Brentune. Its a well documented issue on US bikes, Good grief do they think people are stupid?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Not sure yet. 2 things concern me the most, Vibration and the flat spot in power. The power can be fixed after spending $1K for Brentune, but vibrations can be hard to deal with and eliminate.
The salesman acts stupid about the power issue and says no one who ever bought a 2020/2021 came back to complain about it. I said no, they probably just went and got Brentune. Its a well documented issue on US bikes, Good grief do they think people are stupid?
Interesting point. When the problems first started surfacing with the 2020, I questioned my sales guy about them, and the response was that the issues were minor and only affected a few bikes. But what would a sales guy say? That the bike had major problems and don't buy one? Of course not...there's no incentive to do so. They sell what BMW gives them to sell, and they're not going to bite the hand that feeds them. "Caveat Emptor" applies...we just have to be smart.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Interesting point. When the problems first started surfacing with the 2020, I questioned my sales guy about them, and the response was that the issues were minor and only affected a few bikes. But what would a sales guy say? That the bike had major problems and don't buy one? Of course not...there's no incentive to do so. They sell what BMW gives them to sell, and they're not going to bite the hand that feeds them. "Caveat Emptor" applies...we just have to be smart.
Well, the salesman at the dealer I bought mine from was aware of the power issue 2020 and stated so.
Id rather the guy be honest then act like it doesnt exist!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dealer I talked to said he has ridden an (unlocked) 2021 and flat spot is fixed - he is also a racer and seemed like a straightforward person. I'd like to know if the 2021 has the "midrange tune" that sacrifices some top end. I'll have the bike tomorrow

·
Registered
363 Posts
Dealer I talked to said he has ridden an (unlocked) 2021 and flat spot is fixed - he is also a racer and seemed like a straightforward person. I'd like to know if the 2021 has the "midrange tune" that sacrifices some top end. I'll have the bike tomorrow
Great! Please let us know. It wouldnt have to be unlocked to notice the power issue because its under 8k rpm anyway.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great! Please let us know. It wouldnt have to be unlocked to notice the power issue because its under 8k rpm anyway.
Yes but you notice the flat spot so much more when it is. I didn’t think my k67 had that bad of a flat spot untill it was unlocked and had a full exhaust. Then I noticed it a lot more. I’m going to assume the 2021 model will have that bmw flash on it that helps it a lot but doesn’t restore full power like a Brentune or the others flash. It’s going to be hard to compare it since the motor is different. We will have to see dynos of the bike from the dealer after the rev limiter is removed and after it’s flashed to see how it really is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 153 Posts