BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
BMW came to a fork in the road in 2020. They channeled Robert Frost and "took the road less travelled", figuring - hey! - it might make "all the difference". Turns out it was the same superhighway every other manufacturer that has run out of truly good ideas has taken. Did it "make a difference"?

It sure did. But not in a good way.

It feels like BMW has fallen in love with the same superficial, bling-bling mentality that gave us such great leaps forward as "Instagram stars" and obsolete-in-a-year "smart phone" technology.

Pre-2020 BMW RR's look better and better every day.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Absolutely agree with the above. The M absolutely has nothing to offer but bling bling.

If i had to pick one thing though, i would say that akrapovic exhaust looks better on the bike, and that's where it stops.

·
Registered
754 Posts
right now the M is almost making the S like it doesnt exist anymore, a lot to do with social media.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Absolutely agree with the above. The M absolutely has nothing to offer but bling bling.

If i had to pick one thing though, i would say that akrapovic exhaust looks better on the bike, and that's where it stops.
It has a completely different engine mate? How are you discounting that?

·
Registered
459 Posts
It has a completely different engine mate? How are you discounting that?
The graph didn’t show too much more power. Yes a higher redline stock but you can get to 15k with the stage 2 Bren flash on the k67. What’s going to be interesting is how much the bike puts down after a full exhaust and flash. Plus a rev limiter increase to maybe 16k. On a positive note the k67 at least from the graph shows a little more bottom end which is important on the roads. Still interested to see what the revised motors got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,832 Posts
BMW released M1k to be more competitive in WSBK, they are at an embarrassing #11 their goal is not to sell M1k in high volume. The M1k changes will allow them tweak the bike much more, at least they offer race kits for M1k.

One thing the M1k press release does not mention is warranty and service intervals. I bet it will be close to V4R, which is a joke, go read it if you have not. M1k only makes sense if money is not an issue, as far as value, the extra $12k don't justify the upgrades. Copying Ducatis V4R is all what BMW is doing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
But bmw is doing a really good job making money out from people who are obsessed with being the best and apparently owning an expensive inanimate object makes them believe they are. That is bmw's real product imho.
Counseling would be much cheaper with far better results. 😀

My impression with the K67 was that it was equipped with the cheapest accessories to make it sell, because the main parts were good (frame, engine) and racing teams would change brakes, suspension, rear sets, etc anyway.
And no one cares about the customers and how they post around their bad experiences when a few convincing marketing videos will sell the new product anyway.
I am kinda surprised to see this thing does not have a CF frame like the old HP4.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
But bmw is doing a really good job making money out from people who are obsessed with being the best and apparently owning an expensive inanimate object makes them believe they are. That is bmw's real product imho.

My impression with the K67 was that it was equipped with the cheapest accessories to make it sell, because the main parts were good (frame, engine) and racing teams would change brakes, suspension, rear sets, etc anyway.
And no one cares about the customers and how they post around their bad experiences when a few convincing marketing videos will sell the new product anyway.
I am kinda surprised to see this thing does not have a CF frame like the old HP4.
spot on

·
Premium Member
223 Posts

Did the HP4 have a CF frame? I thought it was the HP4 Race which was like $80k?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Damn, now that you mention it...
Pardon my ignorance on the subject. 😀
Maybe the M1000RR Race will have it along with that experimental pivot point-less rear swingarm.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just talked to a guy who owns both 2017 and 2021 S1000RRs - says the new bike is night and day in terms of handling and agility, and says BMW fixed the dead spot in the powerband on the 2021s. Yes the plastics and some details feel cheap in comparison but told me he got over that pretty fast. Actually prefers the feel of the brakes vs the old Brembos - very linear/progressive.

There is always the issue of owners of the previous model bash the new one because they want to feel better about hanging on to their old bike.

Put my order in on 2021 Black (Race Package). The main thing I like about the new one it is it feels like a 600, and I don't miss the asymmetric headlights, they look kind of archaic imo

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just talked to a guy who owns both - says the new bike is night and day in terms of handling and agility, and says BMW fixed the dead spot in the powerband on the 2021s. I think there is also the issue of owners of the previous model are always going to bash the new one because they want to feel better about hanging on to their old bike.

Put my order in on 2021 Black. The main thing I like about the new one it is it feels like a 600, and I don't miss the asymmetric headlights, it looks kind of archaic
Is this person in the USA that owns both? Either way would be interesting to see a dyno chart on it to see if the peak power is right around where the k67 is because bmw has a flash that helps the dead spot but takes away 20hp on the top end. Makes me wonder if they have that flash already on it which makes it seem like it was fixed. I mean I hope it’s fixed with no top end loss. And that’s coming from a k67 owner. If the new bike is that much better then hey it is and that’s great to hear they addressed issues. I believe in some places the k67 didn’t have any restrictions or dead spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
There is always the issue of owners of the previous model bash the new one because they want to feel better about hanging on to their old bike.
It has nothing to do with bashing a newer version to feel better about hanging onto their old bike.
Its the fact for me that my bike an 2017 was years of perfecting and its solid with no issues bike whatsoever. Also its years and money adding stuff to the bike.This new version seems to have a lot of issues, so thats the scary part . I actually went to a dealer the other day to check out the 2021 Black version as I love a Black sinister look bike. It had the race and select package with forged wheels and thats exactly what I would want. Its a really nice bike and Im thinking about it very much. Its the same as the M without carbon wheels or seat. Price of $20,500!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I actually went to a dealer the other day to check out the 2021 Black version as I love a Black sinister look bike. It had the race and select package with forged wheels and thats exactly what I would want. Its a really nice bike and Im thinking about it very much. Its the same as the M without carbon wheels or seat. Price of $20,500!
Yep, that's exactly what I'm getting (race package) - was still in the crate when I called but should have it by the end of the week. They are selling fast. What dealer did you visit? My local dealer isn't getting a black one until November

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep, that's what exactly I'm getting (race package) - was still in the crate when I called but should have it by the end of the week. They are selling fast. What dealer did you visit? My local dealer isn't getting a black one until November
Selling fast is an understatement. They just sold 4 2021 M package models! Everyone they got in sold in like a week. Here I thought the economy was supposedly bad, lol.
Dealer was in NJ, I traveled over to see it, traffic was horrendous in that area.
What are they charging in your area?

81 - 100 of 155 Posts