Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Am i seeing wings? Or am i just hungry?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm just gonna leave this here for any K67 M package owners or anyone looking to buy one :D. Not even a year old bike.... 18kkm... every possible recall done... cracked carbon wheel... 2 coils dead...God knows what sensor also dead.... LCD screen died... rear wheel hub broke... 7 shark fins replaced... AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF engine exploded going 130mph on the highway leaving me in wonder how am I not dead... and I am still looking to buy the new M1000RR (dont mind me I am dumb). But for all of you guys looking to buy one I am telling you its a half finished product.

And the dealer asked my do I ride it hard cause that's maybe it's falling to pieces hahaha...

BMW Motorrad are saying nothing either btw...
IMG_2736.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm just gonna leave this here for any K67 M package owners or anyone looking to buy one :D. Not even a year old bike.... 18kkm... every possible recall done... cracked carbon wheel... 2 coils dead...God knows what sensor also dead.... LCD screen died... rear wheel hub broke... 7 shark fins replaced... AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF engine exploded going 130mph on the highway leaving me in wonder how am I not dead... and I am still looking to buy the new M1000RR (dont mind me I am dumb). But for all of you guys looking to buy one I am telling you its a half finished product.

And the dealer asked my do I ride it hard cause that's maybe it's falling to pieces hahaha...

BMW Motorrad are saying nothing either btw... View attachment 213181
Damn! Yeah, me Im staying away from this new model for years :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dayum son. That's one hell of a breather hole! Hope it gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
971 Posts

Oh man, that's a lot of pain, really gutted for your experience

·
Registered
971 Posts

Mate are you sure it's not chain that did it? Where is your chain guard?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mate are you sure it's not chain that did it? Where is your chain guard?
That is a brand new EK 3D chain with maybe 100 miles on it... this foto was taken at the dealer when they disasembled the plastics so they have a clear picture for BMW Motorrad for warrany purposes. What happened is that 2 piston rods shattered and exploded thru the engine block :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I decided to pick up a pristine 2015 with only 700 miles, will wait a couple years on the new one - too many issues being reported

·
Registered
39 Posts
So if most issues weren’t addressed for 2021 are we looking at 2022-23? Also it’s very apparent that most malfunctions of any product are wildly blown out of proportion on the internet/forums, because not everyone is reporting catastrophes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
BMW did a nice job with the redesign overall, but does seem like they cut some corners. There is plastic everywhere. Even the brake and clutch adjusters are plastic, that kind of shocked me. Agree failures get all the headlines on these forums while happy owners (in the majority) don't post as often. Then again, it's early yet...

·
Registered
48 Posts
To be honest this bike is not a big volume seller. Even hardcore fans here are not rushing out to sell their perfectly funcional bikes to buy the new one. This is more true with Covid affecting us all.

Before buying this bike I went to the GSXR and CBR forums and couldn't find any recurring failures on the 2017+ models. Maybe it's because they're older bikes, maybe because the Japanese oems still have more strict QA departments, who knows.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts