BMW S1000RR Forum banner

241 - 260 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Can you clear service reminders with the "enthusiast" version?

Just got the Brentune loaded on my bike last night, now I have to wait for a break in the weather (hopefully this weekend)
10 VIN's for Service functions such as resetting service reminders.
But you missed the sale of $319
NO riding here, way to cold and to much snow!
Let us know about the Brentune

·
Registered
222 Posts
Took it out for a shorter run today (still pretty cold) - Brentune Stage 1 - everything reported is spot on: huge midrange improvement, pulls smooth and strong all the way through the rpm band now, idle is perfect (not cold sputtering), quick shifter is smoother.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
126 Posts
Good for you mang, its wild how much more grunt it has. Be careful. Mine wheelies too easy. Have you done full exhaust yet?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Took it out for a shorter run today (still pretty cold) - Brentune Stage 1 - everything reported is spot on: huge midrange improvement, pulls smooth and strong all the way through the rpm band now, idle is perfect (not cold sputtering), quick shifter is smoother.
Good to hear! Are the intake flappers open all the time?

·
Registered
222 Posts
its wild how much more grunt it has. Be careful. Mine wheelies too easy.
Yes it's a power wheelie king, if you're using the wheelie control what is your setting (race pro)?

Have you done full exhaust yet?
Nope - I'm one of the few who likes the stock can. I may get a pipe next year but does anyone really need more power on the street?

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
126 Posts
Yes it's a power wheelie king, if you're using the wheelie control what is your setting (race pro)?

Nope - I'm one of the few who likes the stock can. I may get a pipe next year but does anyone really need more power on the street?
I have it set at the lowest wheelie possible. Max propulsion..

I took my sc project slip on off after i installed the headers. It was crazy loud. The stock can is just fine and it looks good too. I might sell the sc project can. The headers on this bike make the 2nd most notable performance gain. The 1st being the tune.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's correct - it's definitely louder now but nothing like a full pipe/can, I like it. I need to ride it more but seems like vibration is less, too - ultra smooth

195+ rwhp on pump gas with a cat (green friendly haha), pretty amazing.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
126 Posts
@BRENTUNING from @Ravenbravo. "You can have flappers stay open through software with Stage 1, you dont need the kit and stage 2."
When I purchased the tune a few weeks ago I asked if this was a thing. iirc I was told no. Insight would be great.
BTW LOVE THE STAGE1 ITS FANTASTIC.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
126 Posts
That's correct - it's definitely louder now but nothing like a full pipe/can, I like it. I need to ride it more but seems like vibration is less, too - ultra smooth

195+ rwhp on pump gas with a cat (green friendly haha), pretty amazing.
Fwiw i would Id pull the trigger on headers. Less $ than a can more performance and weight savings. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
@BRENTUNING from @Ravenbravo. "You can have flappers stay open through software with Stage 1, you dont need the kit and stage 2."
When I purchased the tune a few weeks ago I asked if this was a thing. iirc I was told no. Insight would be great.
BTW LOVE THE STAGE1 ITS FANTASTIC.
I emailed Brentune quite a bit about this for stage 1. Yes, they can make flappers stay open through software. If you buy the Kit, you remove the flappers all together and you get some more air. That is for the person looking for every once of HP they can get.
Their response about flappers open with stage 1
"Yea I can do that with stage 1 no problem, if forcing open the flaps I recommend doing the IAT for best most consistent power"

I bought stage 1. But its winter time with snow and Im still not at break in miles.
So when winter is over I will get bike serviced, rev limit removed and update the ECU. Then I will have Bren tune send me the stage1.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Fwiw i would Id pull the trigger on headers. Less $ than a can more performance and weight savings. Totally worth it.
What is weight savings?

I work as an environmental engineer but I'm not a tree hugger. With that said, I truly hate following anyone with an open pipe and breathing that crap (especially trucks). It's inconsiderate

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
126 Posts
IIRC the stock exhaust cat and headers is 23/24 lbs the stock can is 4lbs = +/- 27/28 lbs. The system i installed is 2lbs for the can and like 7lbs +/- for the collectors = 9lbs. Saving quite a bit of weight. This does a decent job explaining it. Better than I could.

Or

These are examples of why weight savings is important to ME at least.

As for riding behind someone with open headers -no cat- ...welp... give them some space or pass them....

·
Registered
222 Posts
A bike doesn't spew that much HC, but the trucks with cats deleted are really bad - one of those probably spews out as much as 100 "normal" cars, if not more

10 lbs on the street isn't going to mean much of anything, and it's carried low on the bike. Aftermarket exhaust is also warranty issue

241 - 260 of 266 Posts