BMW S1000RR Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
What don't you understand that GM has already set the legal precedent by offering a track tune, installed by their dealer network, for the ZO6?

Keep barking like a chihuahua, from behind the protection of your little computer.
zOO.... Is that.... Is that you?? Ahhhh, Gixxer zOO.

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
I'll find out soon enough myself, but some are indicating the "torque map" comes from the factory on the 2021
the 2021 does not come from Germany with the torque map loaded. The dealers are loading the torque optimization so the customer feels he is getting a more power bike than it really is during break in. I called 2 US dealers to inquire about this issue and one of them indicated there are some emails floating around between dealers to enhance the feel of the bike for better word of mouth sales.

Not sure I can agree with the thought and process, but, I would say alot of buyers have no clue what real torque and horse power feel like to start with. Buying a K67 for commuting is not a very good choice of bike even if you think you look good on it and you might actually hit 40 degrees lean angle on the way to work.

Reactions: Alexanderss

·
4,890 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
the 2021 does not come from Germany with the torque map loaded. The dealers are loading the torque optimization so the customer feels he is getting a more power bike than it really is during break in.
Good to know, I definitely don't want it

·
Registered
307 Posts
I asked the dealer to install the "Torque Optimization" map during my first service. While I have no comparison to a tuned bike, to me it is scary powerful. In Race mode, I have to hold for dear life when I whack the throttle. The BMW connected app registered 1.5g acceleration, and I know that if this is accurate, it is only momentary right before it lifts the front and power is reduced, but the bike pulls hard, and power wheelies in 3rd at 100 mph without me even trying. At 1500 miles, I already had to tighten the chain twice. I never had to do that on my 2017 K46.

It would have been great if out of the door we had access to the last 20 hp at the top, and if there weren't the cold start issues, but I would not call my bike a slouch.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd rather have the top end (even though I plan to get the Bren flash). Based on the dyno chart at the link below, the midrange isn't much better with the "torque map" while top end is chopped off. The stock tune is good for 192-195. Anyway glad you're enjoying the power wheelies. Do you have wheelie control set at "1"?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd rather have the top end (even though I plan to get the Bren flash). Based on the dyno chart at the link below, the midrange isn't much better with the "torque map" while top end is chopped off. The stock tune is good for 192-195. Anyway glad you're enjoying the power wheelies. Do you have wheelie control set at "1"?
I usually ride in the standard modes. Most of the time in Dynamic, and Race (wheelie control 2) when the inner Rossy calls in. There is a very pronounced difference in the throttle response between the two. Wheelies are more frequent and less gentle in Race mode. I have access to beautiful country roads with great smooth surface, lots of curves -- some fast, long and smooth, others slow and tight, very often deserted, and so I can truly enjoy what the bike has to offer.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
62 Posts
I lived in Fayetteville NC for a decade. I love the blue ridge man. Im jealous.
I'm in AZ now. I ride the local mountain 3-4 times a week. The brentune will be greatly appreciated, right now its fun and only scary when it really gets the beans. Lol

·
Registered
149 Posts

:cool:

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
62 Posts
I wonder if there is anyone that has an M seat that wants a softer seat? I have the stock seat that comes with the race package, I want the M seat. I hear most people don't care for it because it's hard.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts