BMW S1000RR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I rode my HRC built '15 cbr600rr today that one was going to be my track bike. I used to love it, not I realize how much better this new bike is. Yes it has its flat spot, but even with the oodles of goodies I've poured into my cbr the bmw is worlds ahead. Its light like my 600 flickable like my 600 and way more comfy. And the power... amazing... ill be doing something the flat spot for sure but I'm going to part ways with my former dream bike. Anyone looking for a track ready cbr with a ton of modifications and a spare set of tires hit me up.
👀👀👀👀👀 How much would you part ways with this for?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lets be honest, the Gixxer is neutered on the top end and the BMW in the middle.
The new CBR 1000 RRR is neutered too, they all are. So how are you gonna fix the Gixxer issue? Flash or leave it alone
And where does my bike spend the majority of it's life?
IN THE MIDDLE.

Again, the American S1k needs a "track tune" made available from BMW, free of charge, done at the dealer. It's ridiculous to try to argue against that fact.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well said - most people saying the new bike is "flawed" haven't ridden it. It feels like a 600 on steroids
You need to work on your reading comprehension.
I tracked a S1k-M back in August of last year, and YES, it's flawed with the US tune.
BMW needs to offer a solution in the US ASAP.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You need to work on your reading comprehension.
I tracked a S1k-M back in August of last year, and YES, it's flawed with the US tune.
BMW needs to offer a solution in the US ASAP.
Not really. Bmw just complies with silly California emission laws

·
Registered
149 Posts
Exactly - the rockhead above doesn't seem to understand BMW MUST comply with US emission and noise limits or face serious fines. A "race tune" from BMW is wishful thinking. The "flawed" reference was not in regard to the midrange tuning specifically, its a real issue but easily remedied

·
Registered
137 Posts
Exactly - the rockhead above doesn't seem to understand BMW MUST comply with US emission and noise limits or face serious fines. A "race tune" from BMW is wishful thinking. The "flawed" reference was not in regard to the midrange tuning specifically, its a real issue but easily remedied
Name calling because you are incapable of reading and comprehending basic concepts?
Quit barking from behind the protection of your little computer, like a chihuahua.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Name calling because you are incapable of reading and comprehending basic concepts?
Quit barking from behind the protection of your little computer, like a chihuahua.
So, it's ok to bark at BMW (who are unlikely to read your comments and will definitely not be acting on them) from behind the protection of your little computer, but not for others to call you out on it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Im really trying to figure out why you are here on this forum when you have a Gixxer? Are you having regrets not getting the BMW so you bash it? Im not brand loyal to any one manufacture and there is not perfect bike made IMO. All bikes these days are restricted in the USA, but thank the Lord there are tuners out there to fix the issues! BMW will give you a tune for the midrange (TOM) for free and under warranty, but it takes away from the top end like a Gixxer. You also can do what most do in the USA and get the ECU flashed and call it a day. Coming on this forum bitching everyday about the tune of the BMW, wont change a thing, it is what it is. The fact is the BMW is the best 1000cc all around sport bike out there IMO and thats why I bought one. Am I happy there is a flat spot? Hell no and I dont get what BMW did.
The new CBR has a pretty loud exhaust for a stock bike, so I dont get the noise thing with BMW. Also the last Gen they put foam in the air box for the noise and it was easy to remove. BMW even made the airbox flappers not even open till 6k rpm on this Gen, along with the Midrange restriction. Im really confused at why BMW did these things, but I do know an ECU flash will fix them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, it's ok to bark at BMW (who are unlikely to read your comments and will definitely not be acting on them) from behind the protection of your little computer, but not for others to call you out on it?
I guess you didn't read the part when I TOLD A TOP BMW MOTORRAD EXECUTIVE TO THEIR FACE EXACTLY WHAT I'VE SAID ON THIS FORUM.
This was at an event BMW corporate put on for the release of the 2020, and allowed us a track day on the M bike.
And, I don't bark like a little dog, or hide behind a computer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Edited for accuracy - what don't you understand about mandatory emission/noise limits? You seem to forget all the trouble VW got into for attempting to circumvent those limits - let me refresh your memory Everything You Need to Know about the VW Diesel-Emissions Scandal
What don't you understand that GM has already set the legal precedent by offering a track tune, installed by their dealer network, for the ZO6?

Keep barking like a chihuahua, from behind the protection of your little computer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im really trying to figure out why you are here on this forum when you have a Gixxer? Are you having regrets not getting the BMW so you bash it? Im not brand loyal to any one manufacture and there is not perfect bike made IMO. All bikes these days are restricted in the USA, but thank the Lord there are tuners out there to fix the issues! BMW will give you a tune for the midrange (TOM) for free and under warranty, but it takes away from the top end like a Gixxer. You also can do what most do in the USA and get the ECU flashed and call it a day. Coming on this forum bitching everyday about the tune of the BMW, wont change a thing, it is what it is. The fact is the BMW is the best 1000cc all around sport bike out there IMO and thats why I bought one. Am I happy there is a flat spot? Hell no and I dont get what BMW did.
The new CBR has a pretty loud exhaust for a stock bike, so I dont get the noise thing with BMW. Also the last Gen they put foam in the air box for the noise and it was easy to remove. BMW even made the airbox flappers not even open till 6k rpm on this Gen, along with the Midrange restriction. Im really confused at why BMW did these things, but I do know an ECU flash will fix them.
Publicly complaining is the only way we are going to get BWM to address the neutered tune on the USA bikes.
If you had any reading comprehension yourself, you'd understand that my cash is in hand to buy a 2021 S1k as soon as BMW hears and acts upon our valid demand to offer a proper tune for the USA.

·
Registered
995 Posts
When the 2021 bikes comes out it will have the same tune as the 2020 bike. The torque map will be available at your request. It's extremely unlikely they can get the best of both worlds and beat emissions. It's a $500 fix even with $500 added in it's still cheaper than competitors.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I guess you didn't read the part when I TOLD A TOP BMW MOTORRAD EXECUTIVE TO THEIR FACE EXACTLY WHAT I'VE SAID ON THIS FORUM.
Who cares? You neglected to say what his response was, which I guarantee was some pleasantry but zero commitment to anything

What don't you understand that GM has already set the legal precedent by offering a track tune, installed by their dealer network, for the ZO6?
What does that have to do with BMW? You have no response to the VW case (of course). I used to think you were a reasonably intelligent person, but the more you type the more you sound like a babbling jackass

Keep barking like a chihuahua, from behind the protection of your little computer.
Ok, how many times are going to repeat that nonsense? A fool repeats tired canards over and over, hoping they will stick. So you think I'm sacred of you, really?

What's the real reason you're being so obtuse? Are you really that broke you can't shell out a few hundred for a tune? Don't answer that....that's why you bought a Gixxer

·
Registered
149 Posts
When the 2021 bikes comes out it will have the same tune as the 2020 bike. The torque map will be available at your request. It's extremely unlikely they can get the best of both worlds and beat emissions. It's a $500 fix even with $500 added in it's still cheaper than competitors.
I'll find out soon enough myself, but some are indicating the "torque map" comes from the factory on the 2021

·
Registered
414 Posts
Publicly complaining is the only way we are going to get BWM to address the neutered tune on the USA bikes.
If you had any reading comprehension yourself, you'd understand that my cash is in hand to buy a 2021 S1k as soon as BMW hears and acts upon our valid demand to offer a proper tune for the USA.
You keep babbling the same thing over and over insulting people like they cant read. WTF?
BMW doesnt care about you, they know they have the best 1000cc all around bike on the market. Maybe you cant read, BMW will give you a TUNE TOM for free to fix the midrange.
If thats not good enough for you put the cash in the bank and call it a day. Good Grief

181 - 200 of 213 Posts