·
Administrator
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

BMW S 1000 RR.

Colours:

Black storm metallic
Hockenheim Silver
Racing Red non-metallic. (Red is actually discontinued. This is a mistake)
Motorsport locked to M pack still. No splitting of M pack.

Emissions:
Changeover to EU-5.

Ex-Factory options:
New optional equipment: Sports silencer* * available from October 2020

New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system* * available from October 2020
New optional equipment: M milled parts package*, M clutch lever protector, M brake lever protector, M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protectors, M rider footrest system left/right. * available from September 2020
New optional equipment: Sports package*. available from December 2020 M Endurance chain, USB charging port and M GPS lap trigger. ** available from December 2020
New optional equipment: USB charging port. *** available from December 2020
New optional equipment: M Endurance chain. *** available from December 2020 (DLC coated chain the same as the valve followers)

New optional equipment: M GPS Laptrigger*. Activation code to enable a GPS sensor to send the signal to the instrument cluster. This allows the data-logger to trigger the lap timer/lap counter via GPS instead of manually. * available from December 2020

BMW S 1000 XR

Colours:

Style Sport with Lightwhite non-metallic/Racingblue met./Racingred non-metallic, Titanium sports silencer, M Endurance chain, Windshield Sport, Additional Core Screen with Laptimer.
Tank cover and card pocket in motorcycle colour.
New optional equipment: Titanium sports silencer.
New optional equipment: Tour package with expanded content. USB charging port, new luggage rack with integrated holder for 30L and 49L topcase.
Revised optional equipment: Luggage rack with integrated holder for 30L and 49L topcase.
New optional equipment: M milled parts package*. * available from October 2020 M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protector left, M rider footrests right/left and M pillion passenger footrests right/left.
New optional equipment: USB charging port.
New optional equipment: M Endurance chain.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
The all Black is nice, but I still like the M colors. The USB charging port would be nice. Since it‘s optional, maybe it could be retro fit to our 2020 bikes.

·
Administrator
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'd say the USB port is just the actual BMW Motorrad USB accessory unit maybe wired into the rear aux power socket. Not sure though. M pack is locked to Msport colour still. Red is discontinued. DLC coated chain is the same as the DLC coated valve followers. Be interested to see how long it lasts. I imagine it won't be cheap lol. Lucky I haven't ordered yet. With winter and the lock down still going. I may just hold off till December so I can order the whole lot even the ti exhaust system. Fk this is gonna cost a lot lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Would there be a performance diffirence between the new euro 5 model vs the euro 5 compatible model? :unsure:

·
Registered
93 Posts
New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system* * available from October 2020

Assuming that will fit the 2020's as well , wonder what that will be about & pricing

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I wonder what a fully M’d out RR will cost.

·
Vendor
2,722 Posts
If we are taking a guess at price of the M Ti Exhaust, my thought is going to be $3600 USD plus labor to install.

Then we can all have this discussion again like in 2015

This was the 2015 Ti Exhaust option from BMW dealers

77 11 8 549 354​
SET: SET, HP TITAN EXHAUST SYSTEM​
13.54​
1​
$3320.00​

·
Vendor
2,722 Posts
no news on race calibration kit for rr 20 ? i have waited over a ear for that :(
It is still my understanding that M cal and M power are on the shelf for consumer use.

I have the ECU for the Alpha WSBK FIM approved use for the K67. It turns out that the code in it is only what was to be the M calibration / M power kit'ed race enables. However in order to keep people like me from cloning the ECU to a stock BMSO ECU BMW Motorrad took a completely different ECU with different output structure and wrote the code to look for those output channels only. So when I clone the code to a stock BMSO it fails on the stock wiring harness. There are over 20 error codes that come up.

Pulling the M codes from the ECU is not working either and graphing those into the BMSO code. They have shifted the code structure so much that a DAMO's is required to realign the code sequence so that it would run correctly on the input and outputs.

USA EPA / Governmental rules with the European regulations of EU5 are making performance a hard thing to have at the consumer level.

·
4,727 Posts
Pulling the M codes from the ECU is not working either and graphing those into the BMSO code. They have shifted the code structure so much that a DAMO's is required to realign the code sequence so that it would run correctly on the input and outputs.
Would errors go away if race harness is used? Looks like Alpha build, replace harness, ECU, dash to full unlock the bike. Which is an expensive way to go for someone who is not racing in WBSK.
It does not make sense BMW complicated things this much just to prevent people from flashing the bike.

·
Banned
113 Posts
no news on race calibration kit for rr 20 ? i have waited over a ear for that :(
A factory tune option, from the dealer, needs to be a no-cost option in the US to fix the neutered tune that BMW crippled American bikes with.
Yes, we need to vote out the Democrat politicians responsible for their madness, but BMW still needs to offer a OEM tune option, from the dealer, that retains the factory warranty.

·
Banned
113 Posts
If we are taking a guess at price of the M Ti Exhaust, my thought is going to be $3600 USD plus labor to install.

Then we can all have this discussion again like in 2015

This was the 2015 Ti Exhaust option from BMW dealers

77 11 8 549 354​
SET: SET, HP TITAN EXHAUST SYSTEM​
13.54​
1​
$3320.00​
For $3,600, that's a hard pass from me.(n)
But, kudos to BMW for offering it. (y)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It is still my understanding that M cal and M power are on the shelf for consumer use.

I have the ECU for the Alpha WSBK FIM approved use for the K67. It turns out that the code in it is only what was to be the M calibration / M power kit'ed race enables. However in order to keep people like me from cloning the ECU to a stock BMSO ECU BMW Motorrad took a completely different ECU with different output structure and wrote the code to look for those output channels only. So when I clone the code to a stock BMSO it fails on the stock wiring harness. There are over 20 error codes that come up.

USA EPA / Governmental rules with the European regulations of EU5 are making performance a hard thing to have at the consumer level.
Wow that sucks. I figured you would have been able to pull code out of it.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
What's the benefit of a DLC chain? Longer life?

I usually have failing O-rings before the chain otherwise needs to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts