BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next Owners’ Ride Day is to be held on Saturday 12 May 2018.

Gather at Doncaster BMW Motorrad from 8:30AM for an 9:00AM departure. We plan to reach our destination between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM

Any customer of Doncaster BMW Motorrad - or anyone who would like to be - is welcome on the ride. You do need to be licensed, and your motorcycle must be in roadworthy condition. Please make sure that your motorcycle is fuelled up and ready to go prior to arriving at the Doncaster BMW Motorrad Showroom.

The details of the ride:

The ride will be heading via highway and sometimes-bumpy back roads, to Euroa, via Kinglake and Yea. The official part of the ride will end there. You may wish to continue the ride along some of the great roads in the area, or have an extended lunch break. The ride leader will be heading back to Doncaster after an hour, and you are very welcome to join the ride back with us.
• There are some tight, twisty and somewhat bumpy sections of road, so please ride them at your own pace.
• There are designated lead and tail riders. If you want to overtake the leader, please wait for the rest of the group at the next turning point.
• We will be using a corner marker system, which will be explained before we set off. Basically, if you are the rider behind the ride leader, please stop and mark any corner that is indicated to you by the ride leader. There will be regrouping points along the way, and we will have a short stop at Broadford.
• If you are corner marking, please remain marking the corner until the tail rider waves you on.
• The tail rider will act as a sweeper, and remain at the end of the group.
• The distance of the ride to the destination is just over 200 km.
• Please ride at your own pace. The pace of the ride will be at or near the speed limit. We will be stopping at various places to regroup, so do not be too concerned if you lose sight of the main group - we WILL wait for you! Some of the roads are narrow and in less than excellent condition
• If, by some chance you do get completely separated from the group, - then head straight to Eildon.
• The ride leader (Tony) may be contacted on his mobile phone at any time during the ride.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feedback

It was my first 'group ride' in the 35 years I've been on two wheels.
The bunch of bikes was dominated by models like the 1200 GS & RT; only two S1000RR's in the group!

My tip for the next time a group ride is setup; don't give corner marker duties to someone who's never been in a group ride and didn't attend the morning group briefing . . . . there will be issues :crying:

I wanna give thanks to Ron (?name) from BMW, and Tony (with the short Akrapovic slip-on) for shepherding me home along the way down the Hume Fwy. :smile2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts