BMW S1000RR Forum banner

321 - 324 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Model is 2010 so I only have fuel mixture (and maybe ignition) as you mentioned.

In the following pic I have Hand throttle and ECU throttle. ECU throttle it is never 0%. Only hand throttle is 0%. In the fuel table the throttle I think is the ECU throttle. Do how can I manage engine brake if it is not in 0%? And also is it supposed to be like this with the hand and ecu throttle?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Model is 2010 so I only have fuel mixture (and maybe ignition) as you mentioned.

In the following pic I have Hand throttle and ECU throttle. ECU throttle it is never 0%. Only hand throttle is 0%. In the fuel table the throttle I think is the ECU throttle. Do how can I manage engine brake if it is not in 0%? And also is it supposed to be like this with the hand and ecu throttle?

Engine brake mixture is created from the actual throttle valve angle. For example, if throttle valves are 5% open, you must modify the mixture correction factor for throttle angle 5%.

Throttle valves are always open even if twist grip is 0%.
For example with RCK2 flash in 2011 ecu, and minimum engine brake setting throttle valves are open (when twist grip is 0%):
3%@6000RPM
6%@9000RPM
9%@12000RPM
So in this case I should modify 0%, 5% and 10% mixture correction factors if I want to fine tune engine brake.

321 - 324 of 324 Posts