BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried to see if this would fix it but it didn’t work in my case. When you pair the phone to the helmet, then turn on the bike, the media controls are grayed out. Then you have to connect your phone to the bike, and your back at square 1(choppy audio).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried to see if this would fix it but it didn’t work in my case. When you pair the phone to the helmet, then turn on the bike, the media controls are grayed out. Then you have to connect your phone to the bike, and your back at square 1(choppy audio).
You are correct that you cannot control the music controls thru the dash after setting it up this way, trying to do that was a major pita when riding anyway, it is so much easier to control it using the sena buttons. What I do continue to get is ride recording and the current speed limit on the dash etc. None of it works as planned as a whole, using the bits that are important to you are the key. Music control on the dash is a waste of time if it cuts in and out constantly. I use waze while riding anyway so if I need nav it will play to my helmet from my phone.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You are correct that you cannot control the music controls thru the dash after setting it up this way, trying to do that was a major pita when riding anyway, it is so much easier to control it using the sena buttons. What I do continue to get is ride recording and the current speed limit on the dash etc. None of it works as planned as a whole, using the bits that are important to you are the key. Music control on the dash is a waste of time if it cuts in and out constantly. I use waze while riding anyway so if I need nav it will play to my helmet from my phone.
That's the whole reason we want it to work through the TFT. All of us could set it up as if the bike did not have BT. I find going through the TFT is easy. I can select playlists, make phone calls, etc. If I ride in race pro modes I accept that it turns BT off but for street riding I like the BT via TFT

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would check to see if there's a hardware problem, specifically with strength of signal. Maybe the BT antenna is broken (I assume it's in the TFT controller area).

Check the connection when parked at different distances. See where the connection breaks or becomes unreliable over longer periods. This is a start, but doesn't test for things like vibration-caused disconnects.

Express your frustration to the dealer in a positive manner. If I had this problem, my service manager would do a lot (working closely with BMW) to get it resolved, including replacing the electronics.

My bike is a May 2019 build, bought in Aug 2019, and has never had a software update (other than Brentuning ECU flash, which is irrelevant here). My BLuetooth has worked flawlessly both with the phone and the Cardo Packtalk (Slim JBL). I normally keep the phone on an X-grip but it works equally well when in my suit inner pocket. You seem to have something wrong.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It seems that the TFT and helmet are fighting to connect to the phone causing the issue of audio cutting out. Pretty sure this is a software issue but I could be wrong

·
Registered
91 Posts
First question, how do they/you know that your bike has the latest firmware? What does the S/W version say on your dash

Are you running a Cardo?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts