BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am Beating a dead horse here but I had To try because this is driving me insane. I have The latest software update from bmw but the Bluetooth cuts out every few seconds no matter what i try or where the phone is... sometimes it’ll outright disconnect altogether from my phone. I’ve only rode the bike a few times and have yet to have a single ride without any issues... is there any fix to this that i can try? Doesn’t seem like the dealers have a clue on how to fix this. Very annoying.

before anyone relies “use the search bar” I read Every post on this. Most are older and only 1 discusses latest software which did nothing to fix the issue...

opinions?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know I am Beating a dead horse here but I had To try because this is driving me insane. I have The latest software update from bmw but the Bluetooth cuts out every few seconds no matter what i try or where the phone is... sometimes it’ll outright disconnect altogether from my phone. I’ve only rode the bike a few times and have yet to have a single ride without any issues... is there any fix to this that i can try? Doesn’t seem like the dealers have a clue on how to fix this. Very annoying.

before anyone relies “use the search bar” I read Every post on this. Most are older and only 1 discusses latest software which did nothing to fix the issue...

opinions?
Best advise I can give you is to connect your phone to the helmet directly.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best advise I can give you is to connect your phone to the helmet directly.
Problem is if I do That I cant Use the dash right?? Or did I miss Something. I really Like the dash features. Pisses me off It works so shitty bro

·
Registered
103 Posts
Problem is if I do That I cant Use the dash right?? Or did I miss Something. I really Like the dash features. Pisses me off It works so shitty bro
Yes, you are correct... unfortunately... BMW botched this feature. Would’ve made for a great feature and it would be very useful but unfortunately BMW apparently didn’t do any testing before they sent it out the door to the customer.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly i feel like a solid software update should fix this IF they go and actually work solely on that

·
Vendor
2,705 Posts
You should really go over to the GS1200/1250 forums and read what they do. The TFT is the same and the ECU is the same. There are huge differences in the software that runs each. So, my point is that if they are having good success in the BlueTooth you can point some of the issue to software. However, if they have some of the same issues then it is more toward hardware or the software code writing for function.

In BMW mind the BlueTooth functions are merely a convenience to add since the TFT is the part that handles that. The bike has to be in common street modes not designed for on track / off street riding. The S1000RR is targeted to a racetrack and the BlueTooth functions are disabled in that mode. I would think that for a performance side of getting the S1000RR up to speed on track, the software engineers are hard at work making power and torque from the engine. Not the GPS and music selections.

However the R1200 and 1250 products are going to get the GPS and Music worked out. That boxer engine has been around forever so the electronics for comfort and use are in play on that product line. See how they are doing.

Reactions: SimonUK

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Last time I was at the dealer I asked about this and he said they fixed the BT issues on their other models but for some reason they can't get it right with the RR.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should really go over to the GS1200/1250 forums and read what they do. The TFT is the same and the ECU is the same. There are huge differences in the software that runs each. So, my point is that if they are having good success in the BlueTooth you can point some of the issue to software. However, if they have some of the same issues then it is more toward hardware or the software code writing for function.

In BMW mind the BlueTooth functions are merely a convenience to add since the TFT is the part that handles that. The bike has to be in common street modes not designed for on track / off street riding. The S1000RR is targeted to a racetrack and the BlueTooth functions are disabled in that mode. I would think that for a performance side of getting the S1000RR up to speed on track, the software engineers are hard at work making power and torque from the engine. Not the GPS and music selections.

However the R1200 and 1250 products are going to get the GPS and Music worked out. That boxer engine has been around forever so the electronics for comfort and use are in play on that product line. See how they are doing.
I appreciate The reply. I have Coded tons of ///M cars that I have Owned over the years. I’m very surprised that nobody figured out coding to get the bike to go into race pro mode and unlock the navigation / music etc. I get It- bike is focused more on performance but if it’s there it’s there why not let the user choose. It’s just the same as when I’m the M3 you try to open the settings to do something and It used to lock you out while in motion and people coded It to get that stupid feature removed.
Really hope they figure this out it’s super annoying and I actually Ride all street so this is a really useful feature for me

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't get what the problem is. Mine works perfectly. Before the software update, yeah...it was bad. Cuts in/out all the time and would periodically freeze.

Now, with the Mar/April update, it's fine. Just yesterday, I was walking in/out of range, had calls, streaming music, bike on/off.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I honestly could not tell you.. it’s driving me insane. I’m gonna go the dealer today and ask if there’s any July August updates

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Confirmed today with the dealer- this software I am Running is the latest bmw released.... will need to wait for something in the future to fix the nonsense issues we have... bmw really dropped the ball on this bike I see.. my 14 was flawless... it’s never been to the dealer or seen an error code once since I’ve had It in 6 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Confirmed today with the dealer- this software I am Running is the latest bmw released.... will need to wait for something in the future to fix the nonsense issues we have... bmw really dropped the ball on this bike I see.. my 14 was flawless... it’s never been to the dealer or seen an error code once since I’ve had It in 6 years.
Delete the connection between the helmet and the bike from the TFT, reset the helmet to factory (no connections) pair the helmet direct to phone for music, phone will connect to bike for all other functions. When starting the bike up let it connect to the phone before turning on the BT on the helmet. It will work as long as you reset the helmet and then repair to the phone, otherwise the phone tries to bounce between causing the cut in/out. I had the same issue and now flawless.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delete the connection between the helmet and the bike from the TFT, reset the helmet to factory (no connections) pair the helmet direct to phone for music, phone will connect to bike for all other functions. When starting the bike up let it connect to the phone before turning on the BT on the helmet. It will work as long as you reset the helmet and then repair to the phone, otherwise the phone tries to bounce between causing the cut in/out. I had the same issue and now flawless.
Thank you! I will Give it a shot for sure.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
So you don't have your helmet paired to the TFT? You have your phone paired to the TFT and the helmet?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'll delete the connections on my TFT then pair only my phone to it. My Sena is already paired to my helmet. I'll see if it works next time I ride. Your theory has logic. Phone and TFT could be fighting to pair with the helmet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll delete the connections on my TFT then pair only my phone to it. My Sena is already paired to my helmet. I'll see if it works next time I ride. Your theory has logic. Phone and TFT could be fighting to pair with the helmet.
Reset the helmet connections also and then reconnect the helmet to the phone if it has previously been connected to the bike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts