BMW S1000RR Forum banner
141 - 160 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I can only imagine how difficult it must be for a motorcycle dealership to acquire, train and retain a good technical crew.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Did the northern europe 2019+ S1000RR have recalls? I see quite a few of them sale here, prices have gone down dramatic for some reason....2018 model costs the same or more than 2019 model. The "old" bikes sell fast, and the 2019+ dont sell....
Maybe the word is getting out - not good

·
Registered
945 Posts
Maybe the word is getting out - not good
I dont know about that. Dealer I got mine from gets in more S1ks then anything Ive ever seen. 4 to 5 come in at time and get sold in a week, then maybe 2 weeks later another 4 to 5 come in and same thing, over and over. I have never known a dealer to get that many of the same bikes, its amazing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont know about that. Dealer I got mine from gets in more S1ks then anything Ive ever seen. 4 to 5 come in at time and get sold in a week, then maybe 2 weeks later another 4 to 5 come in and same thing, over and over. I have never known a dealer to get that many of the same bikes, its amazing.
What dealer? My dealer had a batch of 9 when I got mine last month and they sold all 9 within a couple weeks. I was pretty shocked at how fast they sell bikes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
And with a dealer the charge is $146 an hour to work on the motorcycle but completely disregards doing any quality work that puts my safety at risk. I’m about at my wits end trying to deal with the dealer and the disconnected support you receive from BMW North America and the factory. As customers I think we all need to take a hard look if we want to continue being customers of BMW. My past experience with BMW was up there in quality and service that I get from Ferrari and even Rolls-Royce. With such an excellent product if you don’t have the customer service and the support it greatly diminishes the value of their products.

I walked away from Ducati 8 years ago and Liquidated quite an extensive collection of motorcycles. When Ducati refused to support a race bike that spun Rod bearings and accused me of racing a race bike, refusing to honor the motorcycles warranty. That action completely, for me destroying their credibility as a quality manufacture. There motorcycle put my safety at risk and I won’t stand for that.

BMW needs to step up to the plate take responsibility and action to support their customers and products. if not we can all take our business elsewhere.

I’m off the soap box now. But I think many of you would agree with me. But I welcome everyone else is thoughts about BMW.

Take Care.
Where do you live that it's that expensive? Has to be a decent size city so you should have more than one option.
I went to one dealer and the service was crap. Went to another and the service was excellent.
I do agree that bmw service should be at a high standard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Update on my dilemma.....BMW have decided that the local agent strip the bike to determine what failed. I guess they are entitled to that but just frustrating as I have to now wait longer for their decision on something that was not my fault in any way.....🤬🤬

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,388 Posts
Update on my dilemma.....BMW have decided that the local agent strip the bike to determine what failed. I guess they are entitled to that but just frustrating as I have to now wait longer for their decision on something that was not my fault in any way.....🤬🤬
It is frustrating as the customer. But this is standard dealer procedure.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Alfa has never produced reliable automobiles! Just an Fiat
...with a Ferrari engine. :) Can't speak to reliability, haven't owned one. But, from all accounts, these things haul @ss and handle great. I saw some spy shots recently of a midsize Ferrari SUV. THAT would be interesting.

·
Registered
945 Posts
...with a Ferrari engine. :) Can't speak to reliability, haven't owned one. But, from all accounts, these things haul @ss and handle great. I saw some spy shots recently of a midsize Ferrari SUV. THAT would be interesting.
They dont haul ass when in the shop all the time! They left the USA in 1995 because of poor sales because they made crap and then came back 20 years later still producing crap.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
They dont haul ass when in the shop all the time! They left the USA in 1995 because of poor sales because they made crap and then came back 20 years later still producing crap.
Well, seems like opinions vary:
Are Alfa Romeo's Current Cars Reliable? (carthrottle.com)
Is Alfa Romeo reliable? An honest look at the brand - OSV
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Sedan Reliability and Recalls | CarIndigo.com

I mean, if I was considering one, I'd certainly do more research, but it seems the Blown Motoren Werkes 🤣 company hasn't been too reliable in it's bikes or cars lately either...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well, seems like opinions vary:
Are Alfa Romeo's Current Cars Reliable? (carthrottle.com)
Is Alfa Romeo reliable? An honest look at the brand - OSV
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Sedan Reliability and Recalls | CarIndigo.com

I mean, if I was considering one, I'd certainly do more research, but it seems the Blown Motoren Werkes 🤣 company hasn't been to reliable in it's bikes or cars lately either...
I know a few people with Alfas, always in the shop like Old times 🤣 Those sites also will show BMW reliability as high too 🤣

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the topic of this feed not "Blown K67 Engine"?? How did it turn into a discussion on Alpa's and the like??
Admin really???

• Haha
Reactions: bennymx

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I know a few people with Alfas, always in the shop like Old times 🤣 Those sites also will show BMW reliability as high too 🤣
Actually, the second link (I think) isn't very flattering. It'd definitely be something to be wary of for sure. The performance and driving experience seems really good, but if the reliability is bad then...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Is the topic of this feed not "Blown K67 Engine"?? How did it turn into a discussion on Alpa's and the like??
Admin really???
🤣

Yeah that happens here, better get used to it.... ;)

But to your point, back on topic.

·
8,592 Posts
Does BMW immediately run an ECU check to determine if it's been flashed is what I want to know
For a blown engine, BMW runs a full mechanical & electrical diagnostic test to determine root cause of failure. They will know if an ECU was flashed or not.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like the open conversation, never know what you may learn or find out about. What where we taking about again? 😝
+1 It doesn't have to be a lecture. It's ok to go off topic for me. As it's ok to go again into often talked about topics as 'which oil is right', 'which fender eliminator', 'frame sliders yes or no?', 'will a flash void my warranty?' It's a forum, let's talk and not take it too serious.

However, it would be very nice to have a wiki or knowledge base area, with the conclusion and consensus on these usual topics.

141 - 160 of 279 Posts