BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked up my 2011 a few days ago and I'm in a bit of a pickle right now.

I was installing the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit today and while finishing the wiring, two wires that weren't supposed to touch eachother came into contact while the electricals were on (I was testing whether my turn signals were functioning properly). As a result, there was a small spark and all of the electricals completely shut off. Now I'm unable to turn anything on, and my dealer isn't open until Tuesday. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to even basic electrical problems so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thanks!

·
R.I.P., you will be missed but never forgotten...
2,023 Posts
Under the cowl (or rear seat) there is a small fuse box (its about an inch and a bit by 2 inches) you will find about 8 or 10 fuses inside this. Go through then 1 by one, I think it one of the 4 amp fuses which is gone. Replace and you should be laughing. You should be able to see that the fuse is blown (by looking and seeing that the wire inside the coloured plastic is broken) but sometimes you can't. If so buy some replacements of all the amp values and then do the trial and error method if you can't see it. It is one of those towards the rear if I remember correctly.

N.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under the cowl (or rear seat) there is a small fuse box (its about an inch and a bit by 2 inches) you will find a about 8 or 10 fuses. Go through then 1 by one, I think it one of the 4 amp fuses which is gone. Replace and you should be laughing. You should be able to see that the fuse is blown but sometimes you can't so buy so replacements of all the amp values and then do the trial and error method if you can't see it. It is one of those towards the rear if I remember correctly.

N.
Great, I'll get on it first thing in the morning. Thanks a lot, Nigel!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The dealer should have given you a couple of fuses when you purchased the bike. Check your toolkit or paperwork packet. You can also get them fairly easily at an auto parts store. The 4 Amps are the ones that seem to go the most and are the majority of fuses on the bike.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Does anyone have a fuse diagram that shows which fuses correspond to each function of the bike (i.e. fuse 1 is for ABS, etc.)? Need this for a first gen bike (2010)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts