BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for an aftermarket front brake MC & came across these. They're banjo bolts that secure the brake lines to calipers / master cylinders etc.. but with a twist. They have a bleeder nipple built into them.
I've never used them but in theory they're the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to brake bleeding.

Has anyone used them?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Auto part Font Automotive wheel system

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
These are factory BMW items for the K46 ... Number 8 in the pic

34 32 8 559 191​
SCREW PLUG WITH VENTILATION​
1​
$26.35​

Font Parallel Auto part Circle Design

Reactions: cjc

·
7,485 Posts
MC & caliper already have a bleeder nipple. What good is having another one in banjo bolt?

The one that will make a difference is called a speed bleeder nipple, no need to pump/release. You replace nipple on MC/calipers with it, makes bleeding brakes easier.

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
So, with bleeding brakes in mind, what size hose should I use to bleed the brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it fits the nipple just fine, it works. Mine are 8mm OD with 6mm ID vinyl clear. Limited use being vinyl and very cheap on ebay. 20 foot for $15.

Reactions: JUST4GP

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it fits the nipple just fine, it works. Mine are 8mm OD with 6mm ID vinyl clear. Limited use being vinyl and very cheap on ebay. 20 foot for $15.
Thanks! I have been on the fence about getting a brake bleed bleed kit online because I didn’t know what the right size would be. I appreciate the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 S1K RR
129 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts