BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do these wheels work on the HP4?
What do they weigh in comparison with stock HP4 wheels?
PM price for front and rear is they will work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes they will fit the HP4. I have a set on my 2012 S1000RR and they're being installed on my HP4 when it arrives in February. I read that they're 2lbs lighter (front and rear) than the HP4 wheels.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
They should fit the front. You will need rotors from a S1000 though. The HP's front rotors will not mount to the S1000 BST fitment. I was hoping to have my HP4 already but mine didn't come in yet for test fitting.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They should fit the front. You will need rotors from a S1000 though. The HP's front rotors will not mount to the S1000 BST fitment. I was hoping to have my HP4 already but mine didn't come in yet for test fitting.

When do you expect to have test fitting done ?

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
My dealer doesn't really know when it's coming in. I should have went with a bigger dealer, not the closest. I will bring it strait to Brock's for measurements.
BST & Brock's are waiting on it. If it doesn't come in soon they will have to look
elsewhere. The dealer did get a Comp. in last week. I may ask for the owners info to see if they are interested in doing this for BST. I'm sure others with BST's on there S1000 are getting a HP4. Maybe their bike will come in before mine & could test fit them first. BST needs the bolt pattern, offset & hub diameter off the HP's front rotors. If the S1000 front BST mounts right up on the HP that would be a great start.
The HP4 has different radial caliper mounts and calipers than the S1k. This may or may not be a problem. The front axle or the threaded bushing might be different. I have asked the dealer for the parts list on the HP to cross-reference
these parts between to them. They haven't got one yet. I will call again Thursday.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer doesn't really know when it's coming in. I should have went with a bigger dealer, not the closest. I will bring it strait to Brock's for measurements.
BST & Brock's are waiting on it. If it doesn't come in soon they will have to look
elsewhere. The dealer did get a Comp. in last week. I may ask for the owners info to see if they are interested in doing this for BST. I'm sure others with BST's on there S1000 are getting a HP4. Maybe their bike will come in before mine & could test fit them first. BST needs the bolt pattern, offset & hub diameter off the HP's front rotors. If the S1000 front BST mounts right up on the HP that would be a great start.
The HP4 has different radial caliper mounts and calipers than the S1k. This may or may not be a problem. The front axle or the threaded bushing might be different. I have asked the dealer for the parts list on the HP to cross-reference
these parts between to them. They haven't got one yet. I will call again Thursday.

Will you keep us all in the loop ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was planning on these being a separate set of wheels for use with slicks on the track while keeping the stock wheels with DOT tires for the street.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
I called Max BMW today & they confirmed that the S1k and HP4 share the same front axle & nut.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

++++++++++ UPDATE +++++

Here's what the Local BMW Dealer is telling us..

Visual and part number differences on 2013 HP4 parts fiche.

Rear wheel spacer tubed is different
Rear sprocket hub is different
Rear axle is different
Swingarm has different part number, Seems they moved the Pivot

Front Rotors are different
Front spacers different part numbers

So, it seems it's definitely going to require some serious measurements.

Anyone actually taken ownership of their HP4 Yet ?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great news.

We got some more BST Wheels for the S1000RR.

They finally arrived off Nationwide Back order.

Thank you again to all those who have been waiting patiently during the Holidays.

We promise, it will be worth the wait Specially getting the Extra 10% off. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts