BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
different is good, and it looks good anyway!

·
Vendor
2,705 Posts
This would look awesome on a ///M bike

Reactions: Pipes1021

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can always do-it-yourself as well.... my cheapo locally built exhaust ($120) was starting to get uneven coloration of the stainless near the bend and didnt really look nice.... a $12 can of 1200f matte black engine paint and 4 or 5 coats... doesnt look as cool or as nice as the proper ceramic black coating on the BMW i posted above, but for $12 i cant complain, looks good enough for an exhaust i was going to get rid of anyway.

i imagine you could get some better quality high temp ceramic paint (i couldnt find it here) and DIY if you felt brave enough.

(and yeah i know my headers are filthy, need to take them off and polish them but its a lot of work)

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have used ceramic coating on racing headers for a long time, with good results, but I am surprised that people don't do it more on superbikes.

With shorty exhausts, I don't know how much difference it would make but for a longer tube, full exhaust I would think that it would definitely give you a couple of hp (at least on the dyno--I don't know if anyone would be able to feel a difference while riding).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts