BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this in the Canada region because I am looking for a solution that I can purchase here, or can at least be shipped to Toronto within reasonable price.

I live in a condo and been looking for a way to keep my bike (relatively) safe, seen something like this in one of the threads but can't seem to find it at the moment.

Does anyone know if something like this is available in Canada? Or anything similar to this. Any advice on where to make or purchase this or similar would be appreciated.

Die Motorradgarage - Technische Daten

Attachments

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, its a good looking thing. But that lock looks like it crack if I even fart near it! lol

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Lol I thought the same thing. Maybe you could reinforce it with a couple more latches/locks. It's pretty cheap considering and well built.

·
Super Moderator
6,459 Posts
You're probably better off looking at a small u-rent storage space that's secure and lockable. A bike cover or "container" will just pique their interest. If they can cut a hardened chain, the little tin shelter will be brutalized in short order.

Or keep the bike at my house, I promise not to ride it. But Vickie probably will.

·
4,604 Posts
Few options:

Private storage or pay a neighbor with a garage to store it.

Get it inside your house if you're on a ground floor.

If you have to go self-storage at your condo, get a steel cage with a hefty lock, cover it with plastic, put an alarm. If you have a pole or something fix to ground it's worth it to lock bike to it as well (while inside the cage).

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do haul it up with the elevator to my condo on the 18th floor during winters so I can work on it (or when Im traveling). I'm looking into buying a house but that wont happen for the next few months at least. I thought about self storage options but would really like to have the bike close by for that late night short rides to unwind.
@skapan Yeah I figured the flimsy walmart storage thing can be mutilated with a kitchen knife. Might take you up on the storage offer even if Vixxen rides it, so long as I can access its 12 days of the month (thats how many off days I get every month) and maintenance is on you! lol

·
4,604 Posts
Just haul it to your apt for now, not worth the risk IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts