BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bunch of carbon for my 12 RR, quality was great. Fitment was good on most but not all parts. Wouldnt say bad, but not 100% perfect. I give bestem a 9/10 personally. Heres some pics.

I got belly pan, upper side fairing pieces, intake cowl, heel plates, front hugger, side tank from them. All is installed but the intake cowl.

I bought the bike with 2 pieces of bestem carbon already on it. And wanted to keep the pieces matching.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good, now all you need is some PROTI bolts for those fairings and fenders.
Those blue Proti bolts would look real nice all over this bike. But id probably spend 500$ on a full bolt set lol. I just looked at windshed bolts and those alone are 62$ lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome looking bike, but those blinkers gotta go. Try Flush Mount LED Front Turn Signals.
I had a set on my old bike. Its a 50/50 for me. You cant see the flush mounts during the day from the front.

I was coming up to my turn, and a guy on a motorcycle was coming at me, i wanted to go left. He wanted to go right, i had my signal on, but he came to a almost complete stop because he thought i was going straight. I threw my arm out pointing left and then he waved at me and went on his marry way. Since then i like the stock one a little better for scenarios like that.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had a set on my old bike. Its a 50/50 for me. You cant see the flush mounts during the day from the front.

I was coming up to my turn, and a guy on a motorcycle was coming at me, i wanted to go left. He wanted to go right, i had my signal on, but he came to a almost complete stop because he thought i was going straight. I threw my arm out pointing left and then he waved at me and went on his marry way. Since then i like the stock one a little better for scenarios like that.
I can see them OK on my friend's bike and my XR.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

Looks great, maybe try the BMW LED's, they look much better than the stock lamps, HP rearsets would complete it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought a bunch of carbon for my 12 RR, quality was great. Fitment was good on most but not all parts. Wouldnt say bad, but not 100% perfect. I give bestem a 9/10 personally. Heres some pics.

I got belly pan, upper side fairing pieces, intake cowl, heel plates, front hugger, side tank from them. All is installed but the intake cowl.

I bought the bike with 2 pieces of bestem carbon already on it. And wanted to keep the pieces matching.

The bike is looking good. Which pieces didn't fit 100%?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The bike is looking good. Which pieces didn't fit 100%?
The pieces i had trouble with...

Intake nose cowl - the stock cowl has locking tabs on the sides for the headlight fairings to hold in place. The carbon one is just flat tabs that the fairings just slide onto, but doesnt lock in place. So the fairings were very loose at the mounting point and bulging out on one side. Otherwise. Fitment was great. Slight modification to this piece it will work no problem. I just dont know if i care that much to make it work or leave it off.

Side tank pieces - slight seperation where the side pieces meet with the top tank cowl piece, not to bad but my stock pieces fit better with my carbon top piece. Where it wraps around the tank, it doesnt hug the tank as well as oem, slight gap there as well. Had to make a hole a little wider to reach a bolt hole to screw it down. Aside from that everything lines up.

Belly pan - idk what this piece is called but the plastic "shroud" that reaches down to belly pan and goes all the way up to the top of the radiator.... rear brake side, i could only get one bolt in by the forks. And the plastic doesnt "sit down" in the center like oem does. Hard to explain but hope im doing a good enough job... and the other side IIRC i got all the bolts in, and the shroud would actually recess itself into the carbon like OEM did. Aside from that, fitment was great, lined up well with side fairings, and down the side of the bike. Also, no that front "shroud" is not loose. Its still very snug. Its missing 2 or 3 bolts max near the radiator. But doesnt flap or move despite that.

Thats about it. The heel plates fit good. The upper side fairing pieces, those were an excellent fit. Alot better then i expected. Front tire hugger fits nicely. The gas tank top piece (came on bike when i bought it) fits excellent, along with the rear tire hugger.

If you need more info let me know. Lol

Looks great, maybe try the BMW LED's, they look much better than the stock lamps, HP rearsets would complete it.
I have thought about the LED ones.... I may look into that.

Ive also debated rear sets. Maybe in the near future.

·
Registered
831 Posts

Intake nose cowl - the stock cowl has locking tabs on the sides for the headlight fairings to hold in place. The carbon one is just flat tabs that the fairings just slide onto, but doesnt lock in place. So the fairings were very loose at the mounting point and bulging out on one side. Otherwise. Fitment was great. Slight modification to this piece it will work no problem. I just dont know if i care that much to make it work or leave it off.

Side tank pieces - slight seperation where the side pieces meet with the top tank cowl piece, not to bad but my stock pieces fit better with my carbon top piece. Where it wraps around the tank, it doesnt hug the tank as well as oem, slight gap there as well. Had to make a hole a little wider to reach a bolt hole to screw it down. Aside from that everything lines up.

Belly pan - idk what this piece is called but the plastic "shroud" that reaches down to belly pan and goes all the way up to the top of the radiator.... rear brake side, i could only get one bolt in by the forks. And the plastic doesnt "sit down" in the center like oem does. Hard to explain but hope im doing a good enough job... and the other side IIRC i got all the bolts in, and the shroud would actually recess itself into the carbon like OEM did. Aside from that, fitment was great, lined up well with side fairings, and down the side of the bike. Also, no that front "shroud" is not loose. Its still very snug. Its missing 2 or 3 bolts max near the radiator. But doesnt flap or move despite that.

Thats about it. The heel plates fit good. The upper side fairing pieces, those were an excellent fit. Alot better then i expected. Front tire hugger fits nicely. The gas tank top piece (came on bike when i bought it) fits excellent, along with the rear tire hugger.

If you need more info let me know. Lol

I have thought about the LED ones.... I may look into that.

Ive also debated rear sets. Maybe in the near future.

Sick! Love the carbon look. Where did u get the pieces and how much?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've never ordered anything from Bestem but I have contacted them since they are a local Atlanta company and the person that I spoke with was very informative and helpful. He welcomed me to bring my bike by there so that we can discuss options. Unfortunately I haven't gone yet. I do plan on ordering at least a tire hugger and I feel better about buying from them since they are right down the street. I plan on fitting my bike with race fairings so a tire hugger is all that's on the menu right now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've never ordered anything from Bestem but I have contacted them since they are a local Atlanta company and the person that I spoke with was very informative and helpful. He welcomed me to bring my bike by there so that we can discuss options. Unfortunately I haven't gone yet. I do plan on ordering at least a tire hugger and I feel better about buying from them since they are right down the street. I plan on fitting my bike with race fairings so a tire hugger is all that's on the menu right now.
Oh yeah. They are pretty good people down there.

·
Registered
442 Posts

I just ordered 10 pieces for my bike, and most all of the pieces had fitment issues. The worst were the fairing side panels and nose.
The rear hugger wasn't too bad, the frame covers weren't bad (aside from the hole was cut for the 09-11), the winglets had a weird cut at the top of them, the nose intake piece was very off on the bracket mounting to the headlight.

They seem to want to resolve the issues with me and send replacements. I really hope the replacements fit better, but I have a feeling they won't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts