BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Is there really a 'bad' liter bike to dedicate to the track? I would like to think that if you're comparing one liter bike to another, you've done enough track days to know the differences and at least ask better questions to know which would be better.
For most of us, a 2010 completely stripped s1000rr with no electronics would be a death wish. I think 2010 was the only year that allowed the bike to be ordered completely stripped.

·
Premium Member
January 2022 BOTM Winner
719 Posts
For most of us, a 2010 completely stripped s1000rr with no electronics would be a death wish. I think 2010 was the only year that allowed the bike to be ordered completely stripped.
Those would be pretty rare I would imagine. my response was meant for itsrichierich. he was looking for a track bike.

·
Premium Member
January 2022 BOTM Winner
719 Posts
You're going to find 'issues' if you look for them. I've been a a part of model specific internet forums for over two decades. I hope you find the answer you're looking for, but my advise would be, as I always say, is to put the most weight in who owned the used vehicle you're interested in than what. I've bought dumps of cars because I knew the owners took care of them, and they were great beaters...and I've seen Toyota cars and Honda motorcycles turn turd over and over for the opposite.

all in all, the S1000RR has been relatively flawless if you ask me. Any recall related issues should be resolved by now. I wouldn't hesitate a well maintained S1000RR from any year.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts