BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 HP4, and I'm just curious what the best options are as for flash and tune? Keep in mind it's going to be a race bike and not just a street warrior. Just curious what you guys have to say. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm a fan of Brentuning especially if you can go locally and have it done on the dyno.
Ive heard positives and a lot of negatives about Bren tune. I notice they have a statement that problems can arise with having aftermarket levers and rearsets?
Also what happens to the flash when you take the bike for service at the dealer and they update the software in the ECU?
Ive been throwing around what to do on my 17 as to full exhaust or not and flashing it or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
As far as Brentuning you just flash bike back to factory file before taking into service in case updates are needed on ecu. Once updates are complete you can just flash your tune file again.

·
Vendor
3,387 Posts
Ive heard positives and a lot of negatives about Bren tune. I notice they have a statement that problems can arise with having aftermarket levers and rearsets?
Also what happens to the flash when you take the bike for service at the dealer and they update the software in the ECU?
Ive been throwing around what to do on my 17 as to full exhaust or not and flashing it or not.
Yours is RCK3/HP power kit enables. I would be happy to point you in the right direction with BMW engineered coding practices. PM me if you want.

·
Registered
547 Posts
As far as Brentuning you just flash bike back to factory file before taking into service in case updates are needed on ecu. Once updates are complete you can just flash your tune file again.
Do you have aftermarket rearsets and levers? Any issues with quick shifter?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't currently have the tune from Brentuning just know a bunch of guys who do and have only heard good things. My HP4 has the oem levers and rearsets but I like them so I don't forsee any change. I'm looking to make some decision in the next week or so myself with the upcoming Black Friday sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very happy with the BrenTune on my HP4 with link pipe. Every post sale follow up to BT has been timely and effective. Am likely to also put their tunes on my other bikes. Only minor gripe is cost of shipping but you get that on the other side of the world. Whenever I toggle back to stock it reminds me of the improvement the tune has made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts