BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello I'm torn between picking an exhaust for a 2021 S1000RR I like the look of the shorty exhausts bit I'm afraid they will be unbearable scary loud? Anyone here have any of these systems and can tell me based on your experience with them.

Akrapovic full system evolution line
Akra headers with Sc project CR-T
Akra full system with AKRA motogp shorty

I know must be a popular topic bit I'm really undecided.
Thanks
I have the Akra headers and arrow pro race exhaust slip on. Loud w/o the baffle. Liked the smaller profile than stock but didn’t like the shorty cans. Good “tweener.”

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got this Akra slip on for my '22. The Ti Akra header is still backordered probably till about March I hear. I paid for It but just waiting now. My bike has carbon package and I didn't think about the different carbon pattern compared to the BMW carbon. Hope it doesn't start bothering me now lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thank you all for your replies. My choices are now between putting the Akrapovic headers with the stock OEM muffler for the time being I really like the shorty GP can from Akrapovic but am really afraid it will be to loud and to obnoxious and I would not want to take it on long rides. I've heard SC project was way to much. Is there someone with the full system shorty who can give some advice on the volume of the pipe if not I guess I would have to go with the evolution pipe which I not a fan of the look.

I'm picky

·
Registered
2017 rr
400 Posts
The stock can on my arrow headers is loud but I don't love the look of the stock can.
Yeah the stock can looks, sort of ok, until you compare it with Anything Else. I'm getting one of those little 700 Tenere soon and the stock can on it looks Gaudy to say the least, but I don't want to replace it, not on a bike like that! When I was young bikes had cool exhaust systems and the aftermarket 4 into one systems were junky homemade looking affairs. How times have changed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thank you all for your replies. My choices are now between putting the Akrapovic headers with the stock OEM muffler for the time being I really like the shorty GP can from Akrapovic but am really afraid it will be to loud and to obnoxious and I would not want to take it on long rides. I've heard SC project was way to much. Is there someone with the full system shorty who can give some advice on the volume of the pipe if not I guess I would have to go with the evolution pipe which I not a fan of the look.

I'm picky
You’re overthinking this. Get the headers, you can put any can that would fit the stock headers, including the stock can.

It’s super easy to swap out the slip ons, so get the obnoxious can that you want. If you go on a long ride, just throw the stock can on there.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
420 Posts
You’re overthinking this. Get the headers, you can put any can that would fit the stock headers, including the stock can.

It’s super easy to swap out the slip ons, so get the obnoxious can that you want. If you go on a long ride, just throw the stock can on there.
Good advice.
Plus 1000 here. This is EXACTLY what I do. I have the SC for the track and the stock can for the road if I ride the road. Takes all of 2min to swap them.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
106 Posts
Or just put a shorty can on the stock headers and be done...you'll get the look you want and not too loud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Good advice.
Plus 1000 here. This is EXACTLY what I do. I have the SC for the track and the stock can for the road if I ride the road. Takes all of 2min to swap them.
This is what I will do does the stock can make a noticeable difference?I know on these bikes the CAT does most of the mufflling

·
Vendor
4,097 Posts

I'm picky
I have documented several muffler installs with BOTH version headers from Akra.

The headers are called optional headers that allow the use of MotoGP short can and the use of the stock OEM muffler.

However, you can buy the Race Line headers and muffler package and either buy the very expensive adapter that allows the use of the stock muffler, or get one made, or make one yourself. I made mine.

So here is one thread on this subject already with Dyno sheets. Since the making of these results I have also purchased the Chinese Copy Akra versions, I purchased another Akra headers only and I have Jet Hot coated this set of headers for testing also. I have 2 S1000RR K67 and then the K66 M1000RR.

This is the race headers but I made the adapter and now it can work with just about any slip on. Akra sells this adapter for about $250 I think it was.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Reactions: Littlebitoquickness

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I have documented several muffler installs with BOTH version headers from Akra.

The headers are called optional headers that allow the use of MotoGP short can and the use of the stock OEM muffler.

However, you can buy the Race Line headers and muffler package and either buy the very expensive adapter that allows the use of the stock muffler, or get one made, or make one yourself. I made mine.

So here is one thread on this subject already with Dyno sheets. Since the making of these results I have also purchased the Chinese Copy Akra versions, I purchased another Akra headers only and I have Jet Hot coated this set of headers for testing also. I have 2 S1000RR K67 and then the K66 M1000RR.

This is the race headers but I made the adapter and now it can work with just about any slip on. Akra sells this adapter for about $250 I think it was.

View attachment 220376
Hello thankyou for your reply If I decide to buy the evolution system can I remove the can and fit the shorty gp can on the evolution headers or does it absolutely need the optional headers?

Thanks

41 - 60 of 67 Posts