BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm torn between picking an exhaust for a 2021 S1000RR I like the look of the shorty exhausts bit I'm afraid they will be unbearable scary loud? Anyone here have any of these systems and can tell me based on your experience with them.

Akrapovic full system evolution line
Akra headers with Sc project CR-T
Akra full system with AKRA motogp shorty

I know must be a popular topic bit I'm really undecided.
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Compared to stock, the akra headers will make it loud as hell regardless of what muffler is used. I have the akra headers with sc project slip on and it is very loud. But I’ve also run the akra headers with stock muffler and to me it’s not much quieter. Another thing to consider is the mounting position of the short slip ons, they mount to the rearsets like the stock muffler while the long akra slip on attaches up by the passenger pegs. This will matter if you are planning on getting certain aftermarket rearsets.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
420 Posts
Save the bucks get the Arrow headers in stainless. Loud...I have an sc can for sale its very loud.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it helps, I have the akra moto gp shorty slip on. It is not too loud and sounds good under acceleration.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i went with the full titanium akra exhaust with motogp shorty. It's loud.. but I always wear ear plugs.. if plugs not seated properly the sounds can be too much for me. With all that said.. I still luv it and def glad I went that way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 20 of 67 Posts