BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear mountain is nothing new, but had never heard of the goldmine just a little south in Harriman Park. Could've been the best ride I've ever been on and wish i wore a full suit because I was dragging jeans in some areas :surprise:.

Met my friends from New Jersey who came up yesterday morning and we rode up to Newburgh to Billy Joe's Ribworks and then back down to Bear mountain and further south to Harriman Park which has a bunch of tight turns and very little traffic. There are a series of rotarys in the area, about 4 or 5 on the map below. The last one near Kanawauke Picnic Area is by the far the smoothest and best if you want to work on BP outside of track season.

1. Highly recommend this ride starting from 202 before going over the Hudson; ride up 202 and over the BM bridge
2. Head towards bear mountain and follow up to the tower for the view and then head back down and make your way to Harriman state park.
3. Hit Arden Valley road and turn around after a few miles when you hit the Appalachian Trails.
4. Ride down 7 Lakes drive to Kanauke Road and follow it out to 87 N or S or repeat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks like a fun route, gonna have to try this when I get back from my business trip. Hopefully the weather holds up!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Perfect area to go riding, just be careful on weekends because there are typically a lot of visitors (road bikes, hikers, cops). I live in northern NJ, so my typical ride is: north on Palisades, exit 14, left on willow grove turns into kanawauke, hit 17 and head north, right on arden valley, continue on tiorati brook, back onto palisades ... or opposite ... or throw in some seven lakes drive. Honestly just go there and get lost.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect area to go riding, just be careful on weekends because there are typically a lot of visitors (road bikes, hikers, cops). I live in northern NJ, so my typical ride is: north on Palisades, exit 14, left on willow grove turns into kanawauke, hit 17 and head north, right on arden valley, continue on tiorati brook, back onto palisades ... or opposite ... or throw in some seven lakes drive. Honestly just go there and get lost.
Yes very true, too busy to really ride some weekends near BM. I keep the speed down on the straits and power into turns where there is less likely to be a cop, and hopefully no hikers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts