BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody interested on riding to Bear Mountain in New York? Im at palisades parkway, 20 mins from bear mt. Im thinking over the weekend. Just have to pick the best weekend for everybody.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would be down to go but I'm working the US Open until it's over on Sunday. Maybe the following weekend??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im @
Bear Mnt every Sat. pretty much. Need to get my twisties fix ?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I posted something last year about this and no one commented :frown2:

But i would be down in the future, i'm riding to NJMP for motoamerica this weekned but can do the next one if it nice out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I posted something last year about this and no one commented :frown2:

But i would be down in the future, i'm riding to NJMP for motoamerica this weekned but can do the next one if it nice out.
Did you go to a BMW RR experience event a few weeks back?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be down to go but I'm working the US Open until it's over on Sunday. Maybe the following weekend??
I can ride next weekend also. Just looking for people to ride with. Just pm so we can coordinate.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Did you go to a BMW RR experience event a few weeks back?
I did, it was pretty fun despite the weather sucking. My group got to ride twice for about 12 to 15 minutes, would've been 3 times but the rain was relentless in the afternoon. The rain actually screwed the entire day up, but got to learn a good deal about the bike, enjoy some catered lunch and see all the guys we like to hear from- Nate Kern, California SS's Dylan and Keith and a few other.

We did not go overly fast, but man this thing felt so light compared to my 2016, tft was awesome with the newer throttle ergonomics on left clip on. I will be getting one; just not a first year. Disregard my poor BP, there was no official photographer I just found these from bmw manhattan's documentation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did, it was pretty fun despite the weather sucking. My group got to ride twice for about 12 to 15 minutes, would've been 3 times but the rain was relentless in the afternoon. The rain actually screwed the entire day up, but got to learn a good deal about the bike, enjoy some catered lunch and see all the guys we like to hear from- Nate Kern, California SS's Dylan and Keith and a few other.

We did not go overly fast, but man this thing felt so light compared to my 2016, tft was awesome with the newer throttle ergonomics on left clip on. I will be getting one; just not a first year. Disregard my poor BP, there was no official photographer I just found these from bmw manhattan's documentation.
I did the RR experience day aswell, I was on bike 23 for the two sessions.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got to try out the new 2020s in july at NJMP when I did levels 3 and 4 with CSS. I liked it but not enough to trade in my 16 for one. Maybe later on down the road but right now I'm still in love with my k46.
I'll pm you next week and set it up. I'll be coming from long island but we can work out the details later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there, any rides coming up this upcoming weekend? I’m from north jersey (wallington) would love to go for a nice ride early Sunday morning with no cars ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Any of you ride from Port Jervis Northwest along the river? I forget the route number. A sports car guy I know told me about the road but he said there were big crowds on the road and that makes me worry about LEO presence. Before I ride up there from Philly I was hoping to get an idea of the environment.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Port Jervis is an awesome ride, along the river it winds a little, it's fun. It's a great time, do it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts