BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fault reading from my GS911 which reads " Balance pipe valve servomotor, no feedback or adjustment error fault is currently present 21FA31 fault occurred 255 times. What does this mean re a part that is no longer working or ECU problem. I have 14 days remaining on my warranty and the nearest dealer is 375 miles away. I am in the dead of winter 0 F or approx minus 15 celcius. Is this a warranty item? I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is likely a part failure instead of an ECU fault. The balance pipe is situated between your exhaust headers and equalizes pressure between the various tubes coming from the four exhaust ports. I would try cycling the servo motor using the test loop functions of the GS-911 unit. You will be able to hear if the servo motor is activating and moving the cables connected to the valve within the balance pipe. It is possible that the valve is stuck, or that the cable run-out needs to be adjusted. On the 2012 at least the servo is located underneath the rider's seat.

·
Vendor
2,312 Posts
I have a fault reading from my GS911 which reads " Balance pipe valve servomotor, no feedback or adjustment error fault is currently present 21FA31 fault occurred 255 times. What does this mean re a part that is no longer working or ECU problem. I have 14 days remaining on my warranty and the nearest dealer is 375 miles away. I am in the dead of winter 0 F or approx minus 15 celcius. Is this a warranty item? I appreciate any input.
You needed to mention what year your S1KRR is.

Lets say it is a 15/16 . the balance servo had issues with the flapper bushing wearing out. BMW will replace the whole header system.

The cable end breaks on the flapper on the 15/16 also, but a few 17/18 also had this cable issue.

I would load it up and drop it at that dealer before the warranty date and get them to check this area and then it is covered for replacement.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The s1000rr is a 2016. Thanks for the heads up. I will load it up and get it to the dealer by next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts