BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Am picking up my S1000r later this week and was wondering what is the most active s1000r forum for Australians?

Also are there any other facebook or sportsbike forum with a lot of Aussie riders with meets, ride days, etc.

I'm based in Brisbane :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Guys,

Am picking up my S1000r later this week and was wondering what is the most active s1000r forum for Australians?

Also are there any other facebook or sportsbike forum with a lot of Aussie riders with meets, ride days, etc.

I'm based in Brisbane :)

Cheers,
Hey mate. I'm in Brisbane also and have the 2013 S1000RR. to answer your question, I don't know of any specific S1000R forums here or S1000RR forums in Australia for that matter. I found the best for organising rides is Aussie Street Bikes - An Australian Motorcycle Community Forum Huge number of friendly members and plenty of ride days etc. Ozsportsbikes - The Premier Aussie Sportbike Forum is local in QLD however it is much smaller and can be a bit clicky at times.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on the Goldcoast & as far as ride days theres an app called Meet Up which has plenty of riding groups, the group I ride with are a great bunch of blokes, you have your laid back guys that like cruising & then you have your speed demons...good long hard rides.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Im on the Goldy as well. for info this RR forum is the best.

I have a 14RR find out tomorrow if I have a 15RR.

fingers and nuts crossed it all works out.

;p

·
Registered
731 Posts
There's also netrider, but many of them seem to be the "holier than thou" types that think they know everything about motorcycling. Usually they're just commuters with huge chicken strips.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm in Brisbane as well. I usually go down the coast for riding though. Usually go down to somewhere west of nimbin and back but don't always go that far as it's nearly 600ks round trip to brissie. For the amount of guys on here we should ger together.

What's everyone doing Saturday 4th of feb?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea you guys don't really have much for road bikes :( way to much sand as well.
They've shutdown our two local tracks for motorbikes, Barbagello (due to safety issues), and RAC near the airport (due to noise complaints).
If I go out for an hour or so we've got the coast runs for a coffee (slow and controlled).
For two or three hours, there's some beautiful roads around the Perth Hills and the Dams runs, the road surfaces vary a lot and are sometimes pretty average to say the least (pot holes, gravel, honkey nuts, tree branches, etc.).
For day runs we've got the Avon Valley (east of Perth) or Dwellingup (south of Perth).
Then we've got the South West which has some awesome open twisty roads inland, if you don't mind overnighters in Bridgetown or somewhere central where you can head to Albany or Esperance for lunch the next day.

·
Registered
529 Posts
They've shutdown our two local tracks for motorbikes, Barbagello (due to safety issues), and RAC near the airport (due to noise complaints).
If I go out for an hour or so we've got the coast runs for a coffee (slow and controlled).
For two or three hours, there's some beautiful roads around the Perth Hills and the Dams runs, the road surfaces vary a lot and are sometimes pretty average to say the least (pot holes, gravel, honkey nuts, tree branches, etc.).
For day runs we've got the Avon Valley (east of Perth) or Dwellingup (south of Perth).
Then we've got the South West which has some awesome open twisty roads inland, if you don't mind overnighters in Bridgetown or somewhere central where you can head to Albany or Esperance for lunch the next day.
Yea I think we are spoiled in southeast QLD. You can ride mountains from Sunshine Coast all the way down through NSW. I worked over there for a few years and a couple of fellas that rode convinced me it wasn't worth bringing my bike over.

·
Registered
125 Posts
VIC, NSW and TAS have the best roads. And bigger amount.
QLD as well, TAS would be the best mainly due to 5mins out of any major city you have twisties & cage drivers that tend to be very motorbike friendly, it will be my 3rd trip there this year late Feb. Vic snowy region would prob be my second fav mainly due to roads kept in better shape than the NSW snowy region.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's also netrider, but many of them seem to be the "holier than thou" types that think they know everything about motorcycling. Usually they're just commuters with huge chicken strips.
I used to be a mod on Netrider - I can agree whole-heartedly with the above quote.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts