BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
My understanding is it's a private membership only track. Hard to "visit".
Relatively close to my neck of the woods, but,...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I personally haven't been on track, June 11 and July 11 are the first two dates I can make it. But I have 2 buddies, one on a 15' s1000rr and one on a Aprilia rsv4 rf, and they said the track is great.
There is a spot you can drive up and spectate from. Track is new, no amenities at all, grass still needs to grow in and it looked like one corner needed better drainage. They don't get much rain around there though.
Watched a few videos on track and it looks like fun but.....$490/day is pricey.
As stated this is mainly a private track for the wealthy but there are track days set up.
It can get real hot there too, so bring something to keep out of the sun if you go.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
The idea kind of reminds me of one in New York State.
Not sure if I'm thinking NY Safety Track, or another privately owned track that was featured in Roadracingworld & Motorcycle Technology a few years back.

I wish someone would acquire​ the former Colonial Downs Horse track facility near New Kent, VA and repurpose it into a roadracing facility.

Too bad the group behind Dominion didn't grab this, (assuming it zoning would favor such a facility, rather than it's original use). Fairly certain it's a much larger parcel, and better infrastructure already in place, compared to Thornburg.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm booked for the June 11 track day. I'll let you know! I've heard its unreal though, absolutely incredible. One guy said its better and more fun than Laguna and he loves Laguna haha

This track is absolutely seamless as well, i'm excited. But yes at $500 CAD per day its stupid pricey.

·
4,604 Posts
How many months of riding does area 27 get a year?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Area 27 runs from April through October. Oliver is a pretty arid (read dry) part of the BC interior so the track enjoys a lot more sun than the coast. I have been on track in my 911 but not an a bike. The track is very challenging and demands attention. Lots of turns, a very fast straight, significant elevation change and plenty of runoff if your ballz exceed your skill. It is similar to Laguna but a bit longer (3 miles VS 2.25) and the surface is paper smooth. It is a private track but has a limited number of public track days for car/bikes. Cost is about $45K CDN (about $9 US :grin2:) and there are annual dues.

A few friends are members but a 5-6 hour drive is a little too far for me to consider. If it was half the distance I would join. Well worth attending one of the public days. I've heard pricing from $300-$750 per day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the track runs from about April to October.

I have done two track days there now, I F'n love this track. Its fast, blind, tons of elevation and smooth as glass. When there is grass everywhere it will improve the grip levels because the area is practically a desert right there. On the last track day the fastest session out there was the 3rd of the day because then wind picked up around lunch and you would feel the sand that was getting blown onto the track each lap.

So far I've done a 2:20 lap time on my Honda 600RR and a 2:14 on my BMW S1000RR.
I think the track record is 2:09 or something like that, by a local fast guy who has a ton of laps around there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the track runs from about April to October.

I have done two track days there now, I F'n love this track. Its fast, blind, tons of elevation and smooth as glass. When there is grass everywhere it will improve the grip levels because the area is practically a desert right there. On the last track day the fastest session out there was the 3rd of the day because then wind picked up around lunch and you would feel the sand that was getting blown onto the track each lap.

So far I've done a 2:20 lap time on my Honda 600RR and a 2:14 on my BMW S1000RR.
I think the track record is 2:09 or something like that, by a local fast guy who has a ton of laps around there.
its 2:06 ?? and its amazing!

·
Registered
166 Posts
its 2:06 ?? and its amazing!

Yeah i heard this too now! thats fast. On my last trip back a few weeks ago i dropped down to 2:10 on the BMW and 2:12 on the 600RR and thought i was getting close then i heard some Swiss guy did a 2:06 haha fuuucckk thats fast there. I can't wait to go back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts