BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Did anyone mention Defiant and Corsair X have a different internal shape? Defiant is more toward round, and Corsaid X is more intermediate oval.

Registered
I have both the Defiant and the Corsair X. For riding a s1krr, the Corsair is your best choice. Aside from the fact that the Defiant was made for upright riding, you kill the airflow into it when you are in a tuck. The Corsair X also feels more stable at high speed in 3/4 and full tuck while flowing more air.

I only ride the Defiant on my hypermotard now and run the Corsair X or my Vector 2 on my liter bikes.

And for the posts noting the difference in internal shape...they are identical. Both are Intermediate Oval internal head shape.

Registered
I have both the Defiant and the Corsair X. For riding a s1krr, the Corsair is your best choice. Aside from the fact that the Defiant was made for upright riding, you kill the airflow into it when you are in a tuck. The Corsair X also feels more stable at high speed in 3/4 and full tuck while flowing more air.

I only ride the Defiant on my hypermotard now and run the Corsair X or my Vector 2 on my liter bikes.

And for the posts noting the difference in internal shape...they are identical. Both are Intermediate Oval internal head shape.

Yep, Defiant/Corsair X are both Intermediate Oval...... the rounder interior shape is in the Quantum X.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts