BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes. I do! I have the Racing Module with the pit-lane limiter and dual map switch on my track only 2012 S1000RR . It uses your stock O2 (Lambda) sensors to self adaptive tune while you ride. It's NOT like powercommander's AutoTune or Bazzaz AutoTune in which you have to log a ride and then apply the changes. I know this because I have used both. The Racing Module also has ignition mapping already done so no need to have dyno tuning done which is extremely hard on the bike to build an ignition map. Another feature that I absolutely love is the electronic engine braking control!!! Makes corner entry so much easier. It's all pretty much plug and play and no permanent modifications done at all.

I'm loving it cause its always adjusting to the perfect AFR and I can hook it up to the software and actually see the changes its made as well as other features that are fully customizable!!! So when I change the air filter or something it automatically adjusts. No need to send her back to the dyno. Think about it; morning to afternoon weather changes, altitude changes, modifications to the motorcycle, always tuning itself to the perfect AFR!!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I've got one too....it is AWESOME and will surprise you!

I've got one too.
I was reluctant to post about it because I still run stock exhaust (waiting on a SS Akrapovic w/ a long carbon pipe to go on the forums at a decent price...HINT-HINT) and stock air filter (I'll be getting the MWR filter next).

However, in that respect I can tell you that you don't need any mods to feel the improvement this unit makes. I have the race version and from the moment you pull away after the install you will notice the change...and it's a big change.

It gives the bike a kick in the pants that you may not have realized it could have, as the bike is very well engineered and tuned from factory.

Here's one of the examples I can give.

When I had the rapid bike installed, I also had Sato rear sets installed and went GP shift from standard for the first time. So in the process of enjoying the Rapid Bike, I was also learning to shift efficiently in GP mode....so there were shifting errors.

On the first Sunday ride after a quick readjust of the rear sets I began to settle in...coming into a corner that would normally be a downshift from 3rd to 2nd, I went to 4th out of habit w/ no real time to fix the error, I went for it and just cranked it. The rapid bike module delivers so much more low end umpph that she never bogged down and I left the corner smiling from ear to ear.

The mapping is on the fly, there is nothing to upload or change depending on where you are, the humidity, temperature, etc. it all gets calculated on the fly and updated on the fly. It does take a while to build your base map if you're only riding the streets. But you can watch your progress via a USB connection to your PC (which is always bada$$ hooking your bike to a PC to check your map - you look like a professional racer :D)
It will show you your stock map from factory and then the other tab will show you in each block how much it's being enriched or leaned. The amount of enrichment and leanment is determined on a slider scale you control to avoid you getting into too much trouble because it will enrich and lean as much as you let it.
The map itself shows your entire revband from top to bottom with the % of throttle opening from left to right. In each square it shows the + or - amount of change or no change if you haven't hit enough for it to make a reading and change. Hence my comment about tuning on the street....WOT at 11,12,13k is sometimes difficult to reach on the streets...just sayin'.

I had the 2011 S1000RR and now I have the 2013, I can tell you that the change from the 2013 without the rapid bike to having the rapid bike is a bigger difference than that change from the 2011 stock to the 2013 stock. This is like getting a new engine from BMW that delivers more bottom end power and response where I use it and want it more; in the middle.

I was also at the AIM convention this year in Orlando I met with the Rapid Bike guys from Italy and also their US distributor, The Cycle Pro. All of them were complete class acts and carry a ridiculous amount of technical knowledge and riding experience. If you're looking for a big change and the ability to customize all levels of tuning, there is no doubt Rapid Bike is what's next.
Not to knock Bazzaz (who I met at AIM as well and is a great guy and has genius level understanding of TC) and/ or Power Commander, but once you use and realize the potential of Rapid Bike you'll understand that the bar has been not only lifted, but it's altogether different and makes the former players look obsolete in this category. Rapid Bike also has a on the fly TC unit, but I can't speak to that upgrade b/c I don't have it.

Hit me up with any questions you may have - I love to talk about this unit as its performance and tunability continues to excite me and continues to renew my bike.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed...there's nothing better than smiling in your helmet ear to ear every time you feel it.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Just checking in...

No one has any questions about Rapid Bike? Let me know if you do, I love it and it really is the future - prolly why you see so many PCV and Bazzas units up for sale.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had my Ecu flashed also but with the intention of removing some of the "restrictions". Ecu flashing can be great in that aspect. Example; speed limiters, rpm limiters, secondary throttle plate opening modulation, etc. etc...... Then there's the mapping part that's very important. (Igintion and fuel injection). Flashing also downloads maps as well but each bike is different and each setup it different. Restrictions are the same across the board for example the speed restriction is the same for every bike. But mapping would be different. RB modules are designed to use the O2 sensors to constantly modulate your fuel injection while your riding. If 2 different S1000RRs were flashed at the same time with the same mapping and same mods, same milage on the bikes but one bike was in Florida and the other was in Ohio........would the bikes have the same response in performance???????? Not likely. So fine tuning is still needed. Would you have to keep reflashing as you make changes to the bike????? Would you have to reflash if the Ohio guy wanted to ride Daytona Speedway in Florida????? And visa-versa?? What about a simple change of air filter....would I have to reflash???? I'm not bashing flashing by any means!! It's a great tool.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes there is. The official website is www.rapidbike.us and the other website is an old 2009 address where they are no longer a dealer. The S1000RR is no different in harness or application. And booth Evo and Racing modules are available. Please visit the correct Web address or contact CyclePro-Rapidbike at 407 277 5557. www.rapidbike.us

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I had my Ecu flashed also but with the intention of removing some of the "restrictions". Ecu flashing can be great in that aspect. Example; speed limiters, rpm limiters, secondary throttle plate opening modulation, etc. etc...... Then there's the mapping part that's very important. (Igintion and fuel injection). Flashing also downloads maps as well but each bike is different and each setup it different. Restrictions are the same across the board for example the speed restriction is the same for every bike. But mapping would be different. RB modules are designed to use the O2 sensors to constantly modulate your fuel injection while your riding. If 2 different S1000RRs were flashed at the same time with the same mapping and same mods, same milage on the bikes but one bike was in Florida and the other was in Ohio........would the bikes have the same response in performance???????? Not likely. So fine tuning is still needed. Would you have to keep reflashing as you make changes to the bike????? Would you have to reflash if the Ohio guy wanted to ride Daytona Speedway in Florida????? And visa-versa?? What about a simple change of air filter....would I have to reflash???? I'm not bashing flashing by any means!! It's a great tool.

Thanks for your info. really made sense.. but from what I understand, you cant run a PCV or Bazzaz with it. So how would a dyno make the proper changes permanent?

·
Registered
21 Posts
RapidBike modules are plug and play similar to pcv and bazzaz. They are piggyback sytems. They do have base maps in them according to your bike model and mods but as you ride, the modules are "perfecting" "your" map. I'm not sure what you mean by making it permenant though. I wouldn't want any permanent map because my early morning ride could be totally different from my mid day ride as far as conditions or even the bike being transfered to a different location....like a trackday not so close to you.
Here's a scenerio. A privateer racer gets his pc5 mapped (on the dyno)at the start of a race season....usually Feb. ,Mar.....and starts his season. The summer months are getting hot. Would his winter map be ideal for the summer heat???? There's even differences from morning practice and afternoon races. What if he tried a new mod that race weekend? RapidBike modules know the diffence and make the changes while your riding.
So not sure why I would want any changes permanent other than removing restrictions like I said earlier.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
RapidBike modules are plug and play similar to pcv and bazzaz. They are piggyback sytems. They do have base maps in them according to your bike model and mods but as you ride, the modules are "perfecting" "your" map. I'm not sure what you mean by making it permenant though. I wouldn't want any permanent map because my early morning ride could be totally different from my mid day ride as far as conditions or even the bike being transfered to a different location....like a trackday not so close to you.
Here's a scenerio. A privateer racer gets his pc5 mapped (on the dyno)at the start of a race season....usually Feb. ,Mar.....and starts his season. The summer months are getting hot. Would his winter map be ideal for the summer heat???? There's even differences from morning practice and afternoon races. What if he tried a new mod that race weekend? RapidBike modules know the diffence and make the changes while your riding.
So not sure why I would want any changes permanent other than removing restrictions like I said earlier.

Thats what I meant, a map that stays on the bike with the PCV for example.
but from what I'm gathering, the RB modules work much the same way as these other units but has the ability to self adjust based on temp, altitude etc and all on its own.
So there is really no need to dyno a bike since it does it for you.. interesting.

and I did find a site for them but seemed to be old..

do you have ANY complaints about the RB?
also do you still recommend getting the ECU flashed?
and the million dollar question, does one simply remove unit so as not to void warranty should you need to take bike in?
it all falls back into "Stock" mode so the dealers will never know it was there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lol....good questions!!!! Yes, your understanding of what it does is correct. As far as warranty issues with the dealerships and such...........man, quite honestly, it comes down to what kind of relationship you have with the dealerships. We all know the "Magnuson / Moss act" is the law and they can't tell us otherwise but if the dealer wants to give a hard time for little things like led lights or so on.....they will do so. Also there is an available bypass plug where you can unplug the RapidBike module, plug in the bypass and your essentially stock now. Think about it; before and after runs with and without RapidBike and helps with diagnostics. AND.......the module is reprogramable to be used on a different bike model as well. So if we decide to trade in for a Panigale....it just gets reprogrammed. I just need to get the Panigale harness.
No...I haven't had any problems at all with it and I run mine with 6 gear dependant maps and each map is totally different. Especially from 2nd to 3rd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As far as the ecu flash.......not really sure. I guess it just depends on what your really looking for as far as removing restrictions. But I definitely wouldn't rely on it the be my means of tuning.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I spoke to RB and he explained it to a T.
He did mention the plug to bring back to stock but at that point, dealers gonna see it in there anyhow.

I thought I was going with the flash but now.... More options.

I don't see a lot of guys on here talking about the RB like you do the flash.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the Racing Module with pit lane limiter, wideband lambda option and map switch. My bike is track only and I don't ride the street. I will be adding the "youtune" add on in a couple weeks when it gets released from Italy. It plugs right into the existing connectors and adds launch control, enine breaking control, traction control, AFR control, etc right from the display on the fly!!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Threads been dead for a while, but for the guys running the Rapid Bike Racing system, do any of you have dyno before and after numbers or sheets that you can post up? There is tons of talk about Alpha Tunes, Brenn Tunes, etc, but I would like to see how this compares to them. I plan on getting this regardless because of its self adaptive feature, but would be good to know what kind of gains are being seen throughout the power curve.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm interested as well. Is this available for the 15 yet? Is the engine braking adjustable to rider preference?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am lucky enough to have all my work done by Yaman and Alberto over at Cycle Pro. They sell the Rapid bike product and I have it ready for my '15. There is a wire harness available and the module is not assigned to any specific bike.

I took my rapid bike module from my '13 CBR 1000rr and all i need to do is buy a new wiring harness and install it in the BMW. This thing is AWESOME, i cant wait to see what it will do to the BMW. Everything is fully adjustable but play at your own risk.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts