BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
View attachment 210891

Got everything together and took it for a ride, pipe sounds amazing n fits really well. My boot didn’t feel any heat but it’s low 50s here in Ohio. With the bren flash cold start is is nice and smooth n bike feels awesome, no regrets going with the arrow pipe.
Looks a lot like this bike.....

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
cool. look forward to seeing the video if you or anyone one else posts it. Let me know. Would love to hear a sound comparison if anyone has a 2020RR with the Akra short can.

·
Registered
103 Posts
just a question, would a stock can be a direct fit on the headers if required?
Stock can works with Akra optional headers for sure. I have Akra TI headers and Arrow pro race slip on.

Motomillion’s website states the Arrow headers and mid pipe would work with stock can:

This particular model is a decat header and mid pipe made from stainless steel. You can use the stock muffler or an aftermarket slip on made to fit the K67 S1000RR

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I don't like the "super shorty" look. Me, I'd go with either the longer Arrow or Akra.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
521 Posts
I prefer the shorty exhaust only because I don't care for the visuals of long exhausts at all. The less the better. I ended up getting the Leo Vinci shorty. A lot cheaper, quality looked good, and took about 10 minutes to install. I am the kind of guy that if there is a wrong way to do something, I will find it and implement it asap. :) Call me Mr. Murphy.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I prefer the shorty exhaust only because I don't care for the visuals of long exhausts at all. The less the better. I ended up getting the Leo Vinci shorty. A lot cheaper, quality looked good, and took about 10 minutes to install. I am the kind of guy that if there is a wrong way to do something, I will find it and implement it asap. :) Call me Mr. Murphy.
I don't like the gigantic OEM mufflers needed now (for volume to pass the noise regulations), but I like what I'll call the "mid" length, like the Yosh R55-LE that I have. I think that's the perfect length. Not so short it roasts your feet, not so long it roasts your saddlebags. The "Goldilocks" solution! 🤣
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Reactions: col-s1krr

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
521 Posts
From my perspective, the less I see of the exhaust the better. Reason why I loved those under the seat exhausts and the low lying exhausts (i.e. Ducati 916 and Panigale). Of course, those bring their own issues, but that is a different thread. :) In general, exhausts take away from the beauty of the bikes. My $0.02 worth, ymmv. :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
From my perspective, the less I see of the exhaust the better. Reason why I loved those under the seat exhausts and the low lying exhausts (i.e. Ducati 916 and Panigale). Of course, those bring their own issues, but that is a different thread. :) In general, exhausts take away from the beauty of the bikes. My $0.02 worth, ymmv. :)
I like the IDEA of the underslung exhausts, like the Taylormade....just not the execution of those heaps of junk. The Termi and Akra underslung look good on the Ducati's and are built well, but I think that's because of the single-sided swingarm...which I actually DON'T like (mostly for structural reasons). The undertail exhausts looked cool as mentioned, but had major heat issues as you also mentioned. Trying to get rid of hot exhaust gasses is a bummer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the akro race can currently mounted to the stock block header system. i want to go titanium but the akro cost a lot more than the arrow. so was asking if i can fit these together.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That is what I keep telling my wife. ;)
Be careful, she might want to stick a catalytic converter up your @ss to cure the problem! 🤣

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That is what I keep telling my wife. ;)
Q: How come women don't fart?

A: They can't keep their mouths shut long enough to build up any pressure! 🤣

Reactions: e34stx
41 - 59 of 59 Posts