BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You peaked my interest, do you have any supporting documents of anything else on the market compared to Akrapovic? Same bike/day dynos? It's a bold statement to make. I'd love to read or watch the proof. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Akrapovic fan but surely someone has to be just as good.
They never answer that question. They did a ton of 17 and 18 bikes at one time 650IB brought them, some with the arrow and some with Akra and dynoed them over a couple of days. They say the Akra makes a few more peak HP but wont answer about the midrange power between the Akra and Arrow shorty. Maybe because they sell the Akra and not the Arrow.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Not only arrow but it would be nice to see lots of data on SC project, Austin racing, two brothers, etc. with so many YouTubers out there with what seems like an endless amount of money it would be nice to see them do a dyno day with the same bike and all available exhaust systems for it. Or even if someone like brentuning did it just to prove that Akrapovic has the highest HP numbers. The amount of views a video like that would get would probably pay for all of the exhaust systems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In all the videos I have watched everyone seems to favour the Austin Racing full system for sound and power? I have no experience with any but I am looking into the full exhaust but it comes in at £1700

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you look at all of the prices, they are all pretty close. So far the biggest difference I can see is that Akrapovic makes their own titanium.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market. It's worth the money if you're trying to maximize HP. If you just want some better tone and say 200hp is enough one way or the other, then who cares. I have a lot of guys who are competitive and need every last HP, for those guys I recommend Akrapovic. On the flip side, if you're spending the money, why not spend a little more and get what you know works the best?
I am thinking of putting full system Akrapovic on my 2017 s1000rr. The question is, will it perform as intended without ECU flash / tuning? Currently bike is running OEM system.

·
BT Moto
1,298 Posts
I am thinking of putting full system Akrapovic on my 2017 s1000rr. The question is, will it perform as intended without ECU flash / tuning? Currently bike is running OEM system.
Should absolutely map that bike for that exhaust.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My greatest concern is how do I map the bike in Saudi Arabia... :unsure:
You can contact some vendors on this forum that offer flashes and see what shipping costs would be to send your ECU out. I'm sure it will be a lot but you can try. There will be custums forms that need to accompany it im sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can contact some vendors on this forum that offer flashes and see what shipping costs would be to send your ECU out. I'm sure it will be a lot but you can try. There will be custums forms that need to accompany it im sure.
Great! Im going to have to look for that...
BTW how crutial is it to remove servo motors full system akra?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
View attachment 210839
Went full arrow, just got it installed haven’t heard it yet waiting for the engine ice to go in and to get the stage 2 flash file back from brentuning.
Man that looks nice. Keep us updated on this. I haven't ordered my exhaust yet but as the warm weather approaches I'm getting closer to ordering one. The red Samco hoses add a nice touch to your bike also.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Got everything together and took it for a ride, pipe sounds amazing n fits really well. My boot didn’t feel any heat but it’s low 50s here in Ohio. With the bren flash cold start is is nice and smooth n bike feels awesome, no regrets going with the arrow pipe.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
no they have two options the mesh can is fixed so no dB killer. The open end one comes with the dB killer the can be removed
I see. Im not a fan of the mesh. Dunno why. Thats one of the things that turns me off on the Akra shorty I would probably remove the end cap, remove the mesh screen then reinstall the end cap.
Any chance of uploading a sound clip? How loud does this compare to the other exhausts you’ve had in the past?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea I had a arrow on my 15 without mess this was just a little different so went that route u can get it open tho. Compared to my 17 with full akra this is a little louder n deeper I really like how it sounds n mainly I went this route for the look of the short can. I did a quick YouTube start up of the pipe while the bike was warm just Youtube 2020 Bmw s1000rr arrow exhaust idk how to put the link in here lol.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts