BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
You peaked my interest, do you have any supporting documents of anything else on the market compared to Akrapovic? Same bike/day dynos? It's a bold statement to make. I'd love to read or watch the proof. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Akrapovic fan but surely someone has to be just as good.
They never answer that question. They did a ton of 17 and 18 bikes at one time 650IB brought them, some with the arrow and some with Akra and dynoed them over a couple of days. They say the Akra makes a few more peak HP but wont answer about the midrange power between the Akra and Arrow shorty. Maybe because they sell the Akra and not the Arrow.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Not only arrow but it would be nice to see lots of data on SC project, Austin racing, two brothers, etc. with so many YouTubers out there with what seems like an endless amount of money it would be nice to see them do a dyno day with the same bike and all available exhaust systems for it. Or even if someone like brentuning did it just to prove that Akrapovic has the highest HP numbers. The amount of views a video like that would get would probably pay for all of the exhaust systems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In all the videos I have watched everyone seems to favour the Austin Racing full system for sound and power? I have no experience with any but I am looking into the full exhaust but it comes in at £1700

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you look at all of the prices, they are all pretty close. So far the biggest difference I can see is that Akrapovic makes their own titanium.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Akrapovic performs better in all model S1000RR's than anything else on the market. It's worth the money if you're trying to maximize HP. If you just want some better tone and say 200hp is enough one way or the other, then who cares. I have a lot of guys who are competitive and need every last HP, for those guys I recommend Akrapovic. On the flip side, if you're spending the money, why not spend a little more and get what you know works the best?
I am thinking of putting full system Akrapovic on my 2017 s1000rr. The question is, will it perform as intended without ECU flash / tuning? Currently bike is running OEM system.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts